We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Cascais and Location

Which Cascais hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Cascais and Location

Hi, my Mum and I are planning a 5 day holiday in Portugal where we can a) relax, b)spend a day at the beach c)Visit Lisbon d)spend some time at a spa and e)enjoy some good food and a little shopping.

We have been looking at Hotel Quinta de Marihna where they seem to be cheaper than the average for a 5 star hotel. What I am concerned about is that, because we do not have a car we will find it hard to get from a to b.

Also why is the hotel much cheaper than other 5 stars that I have been looking at?

Perhaps someone could recommend a different hotel on a budget of 400-500 euro for accomodation?

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Cascais and Location

Hi,

You have Hotel Cascais Miragem(fabulous hotel) at walking distance to Cascais Centre(maybe 300-400 meters) and beach, and also Grande Real Villa Italia at walking distance to Cascais Marina, and to beach is about 1 km.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Cascais and Location

IMO you will find it hard to get from a to b if you stay in the Quinta Da Marinha. If shopping and visiting Lisbon are on your agenda, and you don't have a car, your best bet is to be within walking distance of the railway station in Cascais. The train service into Lisbon is very good, and also gives you a direct connection at Cais do Sodré to the Metro. But Quinta Da Marinha is about 5 or 6 kilometres from the station, if I recall correctly.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,277 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Cascais and Location

It's too far from everything, the other 5 stars are basically intown, so it's a big advantage for them.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
343 posts
580 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Cascais and Location

Suggest you also look at The PALACIO in Estoril, thats a lovely hotel close to beach ,station and as a spa.

Lisboa
Level Contributor
371 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Cascais and Location

i'd choose Cascais Miragem. best location

Ireland
Level Contributor
373 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Cascais and Location

Your Hotel choice is too far out of centre I stayed in Villa Real and its absolutel fab I would highly recommend it Lovely spa about 5-10 mins walk from centre but a local bus runs regularly stop just down from Hotel. Cascais Miragem is quite near centre too I have never stayed their but it does come highly recommended. As for Estoril it is a lovely little place but if you want to go out in the evening for a meal or a drink where theirs a little craic you will have to come in to Cascais I think Estoril goes to sleep after 8!!!!!!!!!!. Hope you enjoy its a lovely place

Ireland
Level Contributor
373 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Cascais and Location

Sorry I should have said Grand Real Villa Italia in case you want to check. Yeego .com and hotelscombined.com are good websites for deals.

8. Re: Hotel in Cascais and Location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 05, 2012