We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fado

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
fado

I was in Cascais in August 2004 on a weekend when a fado festival took place in the main square next to the seafront.

I've never seen anything like it; opera singers, fado singers, tango dancers, stick dancers, a dancing stallion and more.

Is this an annual event? If so, does anyone know the date for this or next year?

There's nothing I can find on any website, so I get the impression its an event for local people and not publicised.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pete.

Cascais
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fado

Dear Peter, the only thing I can thing of that may resemble what you are refering to are our local festivities in late August... In which every night we have a diferent live concert. But the type of music is very ramdon.

These are called the Festas do Mar and this year take place between the 19th and 29th August and everynight we have diferent bands perfoming, some local, some international... Here is a link for you to follow to see what is on:

facebook.com/pages/…

I hope this is what you were looking for...

Ps- all shows are free of charge...

2. Re: fado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 13, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Cascais