We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

miragem cascais

Which Cascais hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cork
Level Contributor
114 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
miragem cascais

We are due to stay in the Miragem at the end of the month. I am very worried of reports of building work nearby. All i want to do is sit by the pool I dont want to be listening to building noise. I rang the hotel and they said no problem .As this is a holiday not a conference we will be spending time outside. Can anyone clarify the situation there? Any advise for other hotels in the area. Thanks

belgium
Level Contributor
8 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: miragem cascais

I'm having the same problem: we are looking for a hotel in Cascais and are thinking about the Miragem but are worried about the construction site next door.

Did you have problems in May with the noise? And when booking, which rooms do I avoid to be shure not to face the construction site?

Thanks in advance!

cork
Level Contributor
114 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: miragem cascais

When we stayed in the Miragem there was drilling noise on one of the days. The other was quiet and while the hotel is nice I found it odd. Staff were extremely helpful very professional yet it was not friendly I found it intimidating. The staff will move you as far away from the building work if you ring them. Look for an ocean room , well worth the extra.The hotel itself is outside the town ,on a busy road and with a badly dug up footpath. There is a promenade but I didnt find the entrance to it. The train is wonderful for going to Lisbon and cheap.

Cascais, Portugal
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: miragem cascais

They are building a large block of apartments just next to Miragem Hotel. There should be some noise during the day. Miragem is a very nice hotel but if you are worried I can advise you some other hotels nearby... Estalagem Senhora da Guia, Casa da Pérgola.

Sintra, Portugal
Level Contributor
454 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: miragem cascais

I would recommend staying at Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa Cascais while Hotel Miragem has the construction nearby. It shouldn't be finished until end 2009. Grand Real should be one of the best hotels in Cascais at this time, just build 2/3 years ago, with ocean front, two steps away from The Cascais Marina and 10 minutes walking distance from Cascais Center.

5. Re: miragem cascais

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 15, 2010