We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Coimbra B station to Coimbra stadium??

Which Coimbra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
54 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Coimbra B station to Coimbra stadium??

Hi. I have rented a car from Europcar. This is the only car rental place I can find open on weekend. So, now, I have to find a way to get from the train station to this place. Unfortunately, Europcar is located near the stadium (Estadio Cidade de Coimbra), and a fair disntance from the Coimbra B station. What's the best way to get there? If taxi ,how much will it cost approximately?

Thanks!

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,902 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Coimbra B station to Coimbra stadium??

You are probably better off getting a taxi. Can't remember how much it might cost but shouldn't be more that a few Euros.

However, if you are feeling confident, there is a bus route Nº. 5 that runs a circular route that passes by the Stadium.

Confusing Timetable here: http://bit.ly/1iQx4W9

To confuse matters further, it refers to Coimbra B as "Estação Velha"

It seems to run +- twice every hour on Saturdays(Sabado) and once every hour on Sundays(Domingo)

Times shown appear to show departure times from Pedrulha bus stop.. Estação Velha is two stops after that.

The bus stop at Coimbra-B/Estação Velha is down the little road that leads from the station(on the town side) and over the roundabout keeping to the left hand side.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
54 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Coimbra B station to Coimbra stadium??

Oh. Thanks for the quick reply. On google map, there is a "S. Jose" station near by the car rental. Seems to be some type of light rail. There's no way to get on that?

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
54 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Coimbra B station to Coimbra stadium??

I just found car rental close to Coimbra B. So, I'm fine now. Thanks!!

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,902 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Coimbra B station to Coimbra stadium??

Glad, you found the car hire firm! Is it one of the ones by the Bus Station? Auro Jardim???

FYI, São José Station is currently closed as is the line that it is on. It is close to the Stadium.

It was closed a few years ago and was supposed to be redeveloped as part of the Light-Rail Metro Mondego line to Lousã. Unfortunately, the economic crisis and cuts in Govt. spending have put paid to that for the time being. .

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
54 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Coimbra B station to Coimbra stadium??

No, it's actually Hertz. It's about 1km from Coimbra B station according to google map. Thanks again :)

6. Re: Getting from Coimbra B station to Coimbra stadium??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, January 10, 2015