We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop over for few hours?

Which Coimbra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
383 reviews
Save Topic
Stop over for few hours?

We are getting the fast train back from Lisbon to Porto but our flight doesn't leave until very late. We were wondering if it would be worth it to stop in Coimbra for an afternoon? If we did is there anywhere at either of the train stations where we could leave our luggage? Thankyoul

York, England
Level Contributor
246 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stop over for few hours?

I'll be interested to hear what responses you get to this Jean. (Incidentally - we live near to each otehr and evidently have similar travel-tastes - I am in York, and just saw your posting regarding Sicily, where we were last month!) JOHN

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stop over for few hours?

Hello John. I didn't get ANY responses and it is too late now anyway! Been there, done it - got the t-shirt! we didn't bother getting off the train at Coimbra. Stayed in bed all morning instead! lol. Well we were on holiday! I love York. Go often. I am from Whitby. My hubby and I do a lot of travelling courtesy of the cheap airlines and I always organise our own travel - you could say it is my hobby! we love Italy the best but Ryanair and Easyjet have taken us to Hungary, Portugal, Spain, Germany and all over. If I can ever help with anything - give me a shout on the Italy forum. I check in there everyday. I can't help it! It is an obsession!!!!!