We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quintas Das Lagrimas or Vila Gale Coimbra

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
381 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Quintas Das Lagrimas or Vila Gale Coimbra

Hi,

I've narrowed our hotel choices down to two based on TA responses, which is a better choice for getting around Coimbra without a car? We will either be arriving by train or bus from Lisbon. Please advise what is the easiest way to get to the hotel. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,224 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quintas Das Lagrimas or Vila Gale Coimbra

The main railway station at Coimbra (Coimbra - B) is about 1.5km from the city but there is a frequent local train into the centre.

The Vila Galé is about half way between the two railway stations, the line actually goes past it, so a short taxi ride or walk from Coimbra B might be OK. The Coimbra bus terminal is only about 100 metres from the hotel.

As you will have surmised, Vila Galé is pretty much in the city centre with easy access to local buses.

Quinta das Lagrimas is across the river from the main part of city, near the university, about 3km from the Coimbra B station and 1.5 km from the Coimbra city station and 2km from the bus station.

It's marked on the city bus map

http://www.smtuc.pt/geral/index_mapa.php

I hope that helps and that it doesn't rain for three solid days as it did when I was last there!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
18,793 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quintas Das Lagrimas or Vila Gale Coimbra

If you want to be on walking distance to almost everything it's Vila Galé. Quinta das Lágrimas it has a lot of history but it's outside downtown.

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
381 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quintas Das Lagrimas or Vila Gale Coimbra

Hi Cubsur,

Thank you, I guess we will take the bus from Lisbon to Coimbra since the bus station is only a 100 m from the hotel. I looked at the map, is the hotel on a dead end street with no street name on it? Please advise.

4. Re: Quintas Das Lagrimas or Vila Gale Coimbra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, October 12, 2012