We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coimbra to Roman Ruins HELP WITH BUS

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Coimbra to Roman Ruins HELP WITH BUS

We are staying in Porto and can visit Coimbra on a Saturday or Sunday as we understand that the ruins are shut on a Monday. Although I have gone on the rodonotrte bus link can not find a bus which will link with our train time. We woud arrive at 10.30 at the station. The only bus I see is 1310 which is fine but the only return I find is at 1850 which is too long to be at the ruins. Can someone tell me if this is correct in which case we will not bother with the trip.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,181 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coimbra to Roman Ruins HELP WITH BUS

I am pretty certain that this is correct. I am fairly sure this question came up a while back (although I cannot now find it) and that the conclusion was that to visit the ruins by bus is very difficult owing to the sparse bus timetable.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,181 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coimbra to Roman Ruins HELP WITH BUS

Found a note I made before which might be helpful - not.

The TRANSDEV bus company has buses between Coimbra and Condeixa-a-Nova, which is the nearest village to the ruins being about a mile away.

That was the good news.

The bad news is that they run very few buses on Saturdays and virtually none on Sundays.

They have a 1330 to Condeixa a Nova on Saturdays but so far as I can ascertain from their nigh-on impossible website, the only bus back on Saturday afternoons is at 1445!

www.transdev.pt/bdtweb/line.php…

is the source.

3. Re: Coimbra to Roman Ruins HELP WITH BUS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 19, 2011