We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels & # of days

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
hotels & # of days

We have been reviewing the tripadvisor for a moderate to high centrally located hotel in Coimbra. The reviews ar not great. We do not want to be out of town.

We are cosidering the IBIS or the ASTORIA.

Any help would be welcome.

Is a 2 night stay sufficient to see Coimbra & do a side trip to Luso/Bucaco by public transportation?

If we have 6 nights total for Porto & Coimbra, should we do 3 & 3 or 4 for Porto & side trips & 2 in Coimbra?

Advice welcome. Thank you.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,506 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels & # of days

I have also been considering a trip to Coimbra and the IBIS came out as my choice on price and location. They are standard 'chain' hotels which I have used a lot (their on-line booking system is excellent I find!) and they represent good value for money.

I am wondering how long to spend in Coimbra also!

By the way, there are only four trains a day Coimbra to Luso-Bucaco; I don't know about buses and am trying to find out myeslf.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels & # of days

According to FROMMER's there are 5 buses a day to Luso from Coimbra -1hr trip. For schedules call 23 982-70-81.

3. Re: hotels & # of days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, September 20, 2009