We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BEST Island Tour/Transportation - Lisa Ringelberg Tours

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
BEST Island Tour/Transportation - Lisa Ringelberg Tours

My family & I visited Sao Miguel in June 2013. With 6 people we did not want to rent two cars or multiple taxis to get around and see the island. Reading directions with rental cars would have been a nightmare and taking two taxis would take away from spending time together.

After much research on TripAdvisor I found Lisa Ringelberg who does private tours. You may be thinking, private tour, how will I afford that? It's reasonably priced and Lisa made everything enjoyable and easy for our family during the week. She took away all of the stress in planning and coordinating. It was worth every penny!!

Based on our interests, Lisa had put together an outline of itinerary for us when we arrived. She was flexible all week, we changed things slightly because of the weather but it was no problem. We did a combination of half day and full day tours. She brought us to see all of the attractions and told us history about each. She recommended restaurants for us and though she is Candian born (fluent in English) she speaks fluent Portuguese and was able to make a few dinner reservations for us that we would not have been able to make ourselves. She is absolutely lovely, could not have been nicer and more accommodating. Lisa MADE our trip. One of the highlights was the Cozido (traditional Portuguese meal cooked in the hot springs) lunch at Furnas. Lisa's friends John and Goretti cooked this meal for us. We also had a dinner at their house later in the week with more traditional cooking. These experiences are exclusive to Lisa's tours.

Lisa does smaller groups as well as tours from the cruise ships. She is the best mode of transportation around the island! Contact her at - ring7lisa@hotmail.com

pascoag,ri
Level Contributor
52 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BEST Island Tour/Transportation - Lisa Ringelberg Tours

Jenn, How nice to read your post about Lisa! Ditto to all of the above. Lisa is the BEST!! It was so great to meet you and your wonderful family at Goretti & John's. What a wonderful meal, which we never would have experienced if not for Lisa. We are so lucky to have these forums and this website to get first hand info. My thanks again to Welshtraveller for the Lisa tip. Sure do hope many more folks take advantage of this wealth of info.

Seeing your post brought back so many wonderful memories of such an incredibly beautiful place with some very special people. Thanks for sharing......Joanne

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,761 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BEST Island Tour/Transportation - Lisa Ringelberg Tours

I am glad everyone is continuing to enjoy Lisa’s fantastic tours.

Joanne - Just noticed the picture - brilliant!!

pascoag,ri
Level Contributor
52 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BEST Island Tour/Transportation - Lisa Ringelberg Tours

Welshtraveller, Thanks so much for noticing!!! That was a bittersweet moment....when Lisa dropped us off at the airport. She is such a wonderful person, still keeps in touch. Thank you again for all your help. Regards, Joanne

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
15 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BEST Island Tour/Transportation - Lisa Ringelberg Tours

Awww. This is a lovely thread. So glad I'm booking with Lisa for this October. :)

pascoag,ri
Level Contributor
52 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BEST Island Tour/Transportation - Lisa Ringelberg Tours

You won't be sorry!! Have a GREAT time!! Joanne

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,761 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BEST Island Tour/Transportation - Lisa Ringelberg Tours

Charley - Have a fantastic time! I am sure you will be joining the LR fan club when you return in October!

Joanne - Stay in touch and keep me upto date with your latest travel plans.

Sao Miguel, Azores.
Level Contributor
132 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BEST Island Tour/Transportation - Lisa Ringelberg Tours

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. It is most appreciated. Thanks to all of you, I am very busy in October. Seems to be the month for travel to the Azores. Lisa.

Bedford, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BEST Island Tour/Transportation - Lisa Ringelberg Tours

I thought Lisa's tours were rather expensive and not particularly tailored to our interests. If I were to go to the Azores again, I would choose one of the jeep or minibus tours which cost less than half the price and let you know what you are gettng before you start.

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BEST Island Tour/Transportation - Lisa Ringelberg Tours

I agree with all the positive comments made by other reviewers. My wife and I booked Lisa for two whole day tours in October 2013 and we were not disappointed. She was entirely flexible in where she took us and when, depending on the weather. For others who may miss it, her email address is ring7lisa@hotmail.com. You will not be diappointed.

Concord, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BEST Island Tour/Transportation - Lisa Ringelberg Tours

Good idea,thank you!

Get answers to your questions about Ponta Delgada