We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Bus

Which Ponta Delgada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fuerteventura, Spain
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport Bus

I have heard conflicting advise regarding a bus from the airport into Ponta Delgada. Is there one?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,353 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Bus

This is the official page for the airport www.ana.pt/portal/page/portal/ANA/AEROPORTO_PDELGADA_CNT/?AE_PD=186447&actualmenu=84340077&cboui=186447; they only mention taxis.

I've always used a rented car.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
234 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Bus

I've always taken a taxi from the airport - costs about 10 Euro - at least it did two years ago. Never saw a bus or heard of one. The yellow line of the MiniBus goes by the airport but I'm not sure if it actually goes into the complex or has a stop there. Also the MiniBuses are small and crowded and take long circular routes that make getting from A to B seem endless - I discovered rather quickly that walking to where I needed to go was much faster than taking the MiniBus.

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Bus

I didn't see any buses but lots of taxis. My husband and I, along with our backpacks, walked from the airport to our hotel in the center of Ponta Delgada. I DON'T recommend it; get a taxi! :-)

Sao Miguel, Portugal
Level Contributor
231 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Bus

There is no buses that go threw the Airport.

Some years ago there was, but then they stoped going threw the Airport.

So the only way is by taxi, a booked transfer or by rent a car, but by rent-a-car you will pay a extra tax by lifting the car at the Airport. The money you pay for this tax is more then taking a taxi and then lifting the rent-a-car at the city.

Bye! Have a nice vacation!

Scotland
Level Contributor
24 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Bus

Best idea is to pre-book a taxi. It doesn't cost much into Ponta Delgada. I can highly recommend the following driver for airport transfers and full day or half-day taxi tours. He's called Rui and his English is excellent. He's totally trustworthy and well worth the 140€ for a full day (8 hours) tour in his air-conditioned taxi. He has a great depth of knowledge about Sao Miguel and island life. If there are 4 of you it's cheaper (and much better) than coach tours. Even if there are just the 2 of you, 70€ each is well worth it. Coach tours are around 60€ each for a full day.

I certainly hope to use Rui again on my next visit.

Check him and his car out at his website.

Contact him at

Rui Medeiros http://www.vivazores.com

Email: rm@vivazores.com

6. Re: Airport Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, October 28, 2012