We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spa / beauty salon and any other must do s on Sao Miguel

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
spa / beauty salon and any other must do s on Sao Miguel

hi

thank you for your advice so far - we leave on saturday and are really excited about exploring the island!

I've done quite a bit of research and think i read along the way that there was a spa on sao miguel island - but i now can't find the details - does anyone know which is the nicest to go to?

Also - any other must do places to go and see on sao miguel - maybe off the beaten track?

thanks lots

jenny

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
19,898 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spa / beauty salon and any other must do s on Sao Miguel

Here's some info about S. Miguel http://en.azoresguide.net/ilhas/smiguel.php;

I suppose that by spa you may be referring to 2 possible sites. One is "Termas da Ferraria" http://www.termasferraria.com/index.php; it's a thermal spa integrated in the Regional Natural Monument of Pico das Camarinhas, two springs of volcanic thermal water, who warm the waters of the natural pool in Ferraria and that are used in the thermal SPA. The other is "Furnas", it's well known for its thermal waters, including the boilers. At hotel Terra Nostra there's a pool of natural thermal waters and a magnificent botanical garden. There's also a crater lake. There's another hotel called the Furnas spa hotel.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,892 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spa / beauty salon and any other must do s on Sao Miguel

Have a great time Jenny!

Look forward to your report when you return.

Povoacao, Portugal
Level Contributor
44 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spa / beauty salon and any other must do s on Sao Miguel

Hi there!

I would recommend Termas da Ferraria and obviously the Terra Nostra swimming pool in Furnas or Poça de Beija also in Furnas. Unfortunately the old Spa - termas of Furnas - where it should be the SPA FURNAS hotel never opened and it's a disaster. A beautiful place and the old spa used by locals and tourists is now completely abandoned.

But São Miguel has much more to offer and I’m sure you will enjoy your holidays!

Welcome at the Green Island.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spa / beauty salon and any other must do s on Sao Miguel

thank you for all your help - 1 more day to go and we can leave for our holiday!

5. Re: spa / beauty salon and any other must do s on Sao Miguel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 22, 2013