We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residencial Vista do Vale

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Residencial Vista do Vale

Hi,

We have been looking at places to stay in Furnas and the one that seems to be in our price range and the best fit is the Residencial Vista do Vale. Could anyone tell me what you think of this hotel or perhaps you could reccomend another.

Thank you!

Meta

Ponta Delgada...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Residencial Vista do Vale

Hi Meta,

I have never heard any bad review of the residencial. It does have a great view over the valley. The other option is to choose Hotel Terra Nostra in the middle of the Furnas village. It is one of the oldest hotel in Furnas and in the whole of São Miguel island. The plus point of this hotel is that it is located in the middle of Terra Nostra Park/Garden, a must visit place in Furnas because of it antiquity and gardening heritage. Within the hotel area is also located the hot thermal medicinal bath that is one of the most popular destination for its medicinal / recreational value.

It is a good idea to choose to live at Furnas as it really gives you the opportunity to experience the lifestyle of a relaxed village in the middle of nature with volcanic activity. In recent years, there are more attractions coming up in and around Furnas. The trail around the Furnas Lake is a must do activity and if you want to know more about the ecosystem of the Lake and its pollution problem and the environmental project to recuperate it, there is a recently opened interpretative centre "Furnas Monitoring & Research Centre" in the south bank of the Lake, which can provide you with the inner knowledge of the Furnas lake which most visitors miss learning during their brief excursion to the Lake.

any other question, feel free to ask...have a great trip

thanx

Sao Miguel, Portugal
Level Contributor
231 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Residencial Vista do Vale

It is very center in the village, more precise at the corner entrance of the village after the drive down to the Furnas Crater. It is new, and I saw some fotos that had a old tradional fashion style in a good way. Close to several restarantes and "Caldeiras" the hot and thermal springs!

Probaly others can describe it in more details!

Have a nice vacation!

Gary Travassos

Azores
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Residencial Vista do Vale

This is a 2 star hotel, very modest, good localization and very clean. So don´t expect a great service or amenities.

I have already stayed there and I enjoyed.

Keswick, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Residencial Vista do Vale

Hi

I have visited the Residencial and although quite simple it is in a lovely location with great views over the Furnas basin, very clean and comfortable and only a few minutes walk into town for restaurants and the wonderful Botanical Gardens.

Hope this is helpful,

Sarah

5. Re: Residencial Vista do Vale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 29, 2013