We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire companies at Pico airport?

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire companies at Pico airport?

I am trying to arrange car hire at the airport and what to know what companies I can compare prices from? I cannot find a website for the airport that might list them.

Does anyone know?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire companies at Pico airport?

I have visited a number of Azores islands but not been on Pico however I know that car hire is somewhat limited and the chance of comparing prices is even more limited.

In most places you have a choice of Ilha Verde or Ilha Verde! go to www.ilhaverde.com/English/Epresente.htm

Once you get there you might find a local operator but maybe not.......

Lisbon
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire companies at Pico airport?

Hi,

You can make bookings through major companies like Europcar and Avis.

However you will end up with renting from the same company anyway which is Ilha Verde, and you sign a contract with them, regardless of the company you made the reservation with.

It is difficult to compare the pricing as rental conditions may vary extensively.

My advice would be to look for alternative options in Madalena town. We actually got ripped off by Ilha Verde charging us more than double the amount that was specified on the reservation confirmation. Furthermore the staff was very unhelpful and actualy quite rude. The concept of good customer service certainly didn't mean anything to them.

Who takes the time to read the full contract and all the small print? Another lesson learned.

If you do decide to go with Ilha Verde make sure you check your car for every little scratch, and get this duly noted. The form intented for this purpose always shows the car is in perfect condition, whilst in fact most of the time it isn't.

Enjoy beautiful Pico !

3. Re: Car hire companies at Pico airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, February 07, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Pico