We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to the Azores

1 post
Save Topic
Getting to the Azores

What airlines will get me from Portland OR to the Azores. I would like to use frequent flier miles

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16,277 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to the Azores

Any airline flying to Lisboa where you can take a flight with TAP or SATA to the Açores. Direct from the states only SATA.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,008 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to the Azores

From USA/Canada, SATA Air Azores operates flights from Bermuda, Boston, Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, New York, Oakland, Orlando, San Francisco, Montreal and Toronto.

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
3,959 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to the Azores

Using frequent flyer miles is going to present a challenge. USAir and it's partners probably would be a good choice, but it will not be convenient, as it would mean Portland to Philadelphia, then Philly to Lisbon and then flying TAP to the Azores. I am in the Azores presently and just found it easier and faster to fly SATA non-stop from Toronto. Cost was about $600 round trip and flight time was 5 hours, 30 minutes. Not sure which airline partnership TAP belongs to, but that would be a good place to start and then see how to get from Portland to Lisbon using one or more of those partner airlines. Putting it together might be difficult, as frequent flyer seats are getting hard to come by.

4. Re: Getting to the Azores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 07, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Azores