We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights?

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
272 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Flights?

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice about when it is best to purchase flights. We are strongly considering this destination for our honeymoon in August. Right now the flights from Columbus Ohio are about $1100 per person. I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge as to if this was a good price or if I should wait to see if it goes down? Thanks

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,169 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights?

I think that from the States, direct to Açores, you only have SATA, so the prices are not very flexible. And even if you fly to the mainland and them to Açores there are not many options. Try an agency specialized on the destination, example http://tourazores.com/about/

NY, NY
Level Contributor
184 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights?

I'm trying to to figure out the same thing. I did discover that SATA flies non-stop from Boston to Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel. The prices are very reasonable. i was looking for July and they were under $500. That seems like the way to go.....I can get a flight from NYC to Boston for about $150. I did initially want to visit the mainland initially as well but I might just focus on a a couple of island and save the mainland for another trip.

USA
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights?

Check out SATA airlines and Azores specials.

You "can" fly other airlines but it will probably cost you more and it will certainly take you longer to get there (fly to Europe/Lisbon then to Azores) But SATA will be directly there.

Prices can vary greatly with SATA so you'll want to be flexible when checking out the dates/prices ahead of time.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,175 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights?

Also check out Sata flights from Toronto, prices may differ.

Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights?

try www.sata.pt. its a great way to see flight fares with data international.

Grand Rapids...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights?

I found that booking the flights separately is less expensive. For example it is cheaper for me to book my flight from michigan to Boston separate from my flight from Boston to ponta Delgada; rather than michigan to ponta Delgada.

7. Re: Flights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 10, 2015