We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best whale watching tour

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Best whale watching tour

What is the best whale watching tour available for one day?

Naturalist Science & Tourism
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Swim with Dolphins, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Sea Colors Azores
Walking Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Eco Tours
Swim with Dolphins, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Best whale watching tour

Terra Azul (www.terrazulazores.com). It was in Vilha Franca do Campo (1/2 hour drive East of Ponta Delgada). Reasonable price (think it was 45 euros), you get to swim with the dolphins (I saw TONS). There are marine biologists on board, the tour is completely in (fluent) English. Its right down by the marina, very close to the beach (Vinha d'Areia)/waterpark and hotel. I booked the day before in late July.

Also, right next to there is a place to rent kayaks for a rediculously cheap price (like 2 euros an hour). You can take them to the little island Ilheu, gorgeous! There is also a pretty church at the top of the hill.

Enjoy yourself. I got married there and it was completely lovely.

Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best whale watching tour

I agree

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
487 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best whale watching tour

Yes, if you are going to S.Miguel island.

But the best whale watching in Açores, for me, is at the sea channel between Pico and Faial islands, and you have nice tours departing from both islands (I prefer those that start from Lajes do Pico - see for instance http://www.espacotalassa.com/).