We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azores in one month

Koper, Slovenia
11 posts
Save Topic
Azores in one month

Hi everyone,

I've just booked tickets to Azores for July (1st July to 2nd August) for my family (me and my husband + 2 kids 5 and 8 years). I'm having hard time deciding how to organize our holiday and would appreciate your help and advice. I find it difficult to decide about following thing:

Since we'll be there for whole month which islands should we visit? We don't want to rush from island to island and would prefer to stay 5 to 7 days at one place. We are flying to Ponta Delgada and flying back home from Terceira, so we'll see these two islands. What would you recommend for "in between"? We all love nature, like hiking but we also have to squeeze in some beach time for kids (yes, I know Azores are not beach destination but what I've read in this forum it will be ok for us). We don't want to make many internal flights but I know some will be necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Suzana

Boston
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Azores in one month

Go to Faial - try the Pousada (great deals on the pousada.pt site) or Hotel do Canal.

From there you can take a Ferry to Pico or S Jorge -

Terceira is great too.

12. Re: Azores in one month

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, September 16, 2009