We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Timers with 3 young kids

ireland
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First Timers with 3 young kids

Hi all

We are booked for July and are staying just outside Silves. With 3 young kids ( 7 down to 2 ) I want to be organised so we all have a happy stress free holiday. Dont want to pack too much in either but the recommendations for the must dos would be a help.

Dublin-Ireland
Level Contributor
138 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Timers with 3 young kids

Hi there,

Firstly - we were like you a number of years ago.

We took a villa near boliqueme ,with our four and three year old at the time.

(they are now 19 and 18!).

Since then we almost end up back in algarve what seems like every second year,

To us it was and is the most relaxing place ,great for kids ,and in most areas without the hordes of screaming 18 - 25 year old holiday groups that can ruin a families holidays.

First up- as you asked about must dos....

1...rent a car -if even for a week .great feedom and opens the place up to you .

2....visit lagos ....into the centre of town for sixish-all restaurants have outdoor and there are great things to keep the kids busy on the streets by way of entertainers etc.(ps make sure you see lagos not lagoa)

3... zoos.aquamarine and waterparks abound...go early

4..loule saturday market..or find out nearest one to you as they travel with different places every day .

5....ask loads of questions in here as you finalise your thoughts

6...let them know you are irish!!!!!!!

7...use the car to find beaches between towns...... these will be almost deserted as everyone walks to the close to town ones which are packed

8...eat piri piri chicken

9...come down to vale do lobo one night for a meal on the praca...kids will love it

10...go west..right out to tip

11..go to monchique for a day trip....not far from silves

loads more but you will have agreat time.

enjoy

Edited: 4:13 am, April 26, 2010
ireland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First Timers with 3 young kids

Hey

Thanks for the list.

I am very hopefully this is going to the beginning of many visits to Portugal.

So I will try to fit some of the suggestions in, car hire is booked, and as a long distance commuter to and from work I love to drive. It will just be a pleasant change to do it in nice weather.

3. Re: First Timers with 3 young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 01, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Silves