We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Martinhal

london
Level Contributor
38 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Martinhal

I know it's literally just opened, but wondered if anyone knew anything about it/ whether it looks any good and what the location is like for a family with two young kids. Thanks

England
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Martinhal

Don't know what it is like yet but, as a fan of Luxury Family Hotels and (I think there was a connection through the former owners of LFH), we have have booked for the end of August. Will write a review when we we get back. Have been watching the project develop online for a long time. It was reviewed in all the Sunday papers as far back as 2005. As an aside, we are big fans of Club Med Provence and Club Son Antem Mallorca as well. Ideal for kids under 12...

Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Martinhal

I am looking to book for end of June with kids age 4 and 2 in one of their villas.

A friend went last year and also stayed in a villa and said the place was amazing. They are going back in June with their 3 young children.

We have both travelled a lot with children and prefer 5* resorts and she could not speak highly enough.

worcestershire
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Martinhal

Wondering if you have booked this resort. The brochure arrived this morning and it looks great. Thinking of booking a seaview townhouse, but literature is a bit confusing and I dont know whether the whole resort is open by August and the distances involved in getting around. Is it walking distances, etc.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,071 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Martinhal

I haven't seen the brochure.

What do you mean by "the distances involved in getting around. Is it walking distances, etc."?

Do you mean from Sagres or within the resort?

worcestershire
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Martinhal

Was wondering whether the resort was walking distance to the town of Sagres. Thanks

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,071 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Martinhal

Sagres is an awkward shaped beast of a town! It is long and thing along two axes running from the Fortaleza. There is not really a centre..there are two or three. By car, its about 2kms into the real centre of town.

However, as the fly crows, if you walk and take the shortcut along the beach from Martinhal, behind the Mimmo Baleira Hotel, you will come, after about 800m, to Rua Comandante Matoso. To your left the road leads down to the Doca da Pesca (Fishing Dock) and the other way along to Praça de São Vicente. Along this road you will find some shops, a chemist, some cafes etc.

See the google map here: http://bit.ly/cKhHL4

7. Re: Hotel Martinhal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, November 18, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Sagres