We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking restraunts???

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Booking restraunts???

Hi all

Me and hubby go to PDR on 2nd - 7th oct, we love good food and rely on T.A for restraunt reviews a lot and so far have never been let down.

So the question is do I need to pre book restraunts like Titanic, safari etc in advance? Same goes for restrsunts in alvor, portimao reigns as we are hiring a car for the holiday duration.

Any advice on restrsunts would be great

Bek x

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,181 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking restraunts???

Only a very few restaurants take reservations at all and as it now coming into the off season I doubt you will have any problems. Possibly best to phone them once you are in Portugal.

BTW don't even think of drinking and driving here. There is pretty well zero tolerance, men with guns with stop you and there is at the very least a hefty on the spot fine, cash only.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking restraunts???

We just got back from PDR and spent 2 evenings in Alvor, no need to pre book, all the good restaurants had tables available.

Enjoy

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking restraunts???

Thanks for your reply.

Hoping I didn't need to book, we can just pop in through the day and book for that night if its needed.

Tbh with 3 kids, we don't have time to drink even abroad we only have the odd few, but I'm pregnant and hubby loves a glass of coke, but would never chance drinking and driving anywhere tbh, bug thanks for the info.

Bek x

4. Re: Booking restraunts???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Portimao
Recent Conversations