We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

areias da rocha apartments

Strathclyde...
Level Contributor
20 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
areias da rocha apartments

Hi there I am going to the Areias Da Rocha apartments in Praia Da Rocha in June. Can anyone give me any info?

Mentioned in this post
Hotel da Rocha
Hotel da Rocha
1,226 Reviews
Praia da Rocha, Portugal
Praia Da Rocha
Praia Da Rocha
4,556 Reviews
Praia da Rocha, Portugal
Portimao, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: areias da rocha apartments

Somebody actually asked me this on my own forum the other week. To be honest until then I had no idea where they were. But I did a little looking around and found out that they are about 300/400m from the beach. Does look very nice tho. I actually asked the woman who was going to post a review for me when she comes back. If she does so ill let you know.

If you know Praia well then let me know and ill try and describe where they are for you.

Mentioned in this post
Praia Gale
Praia Gale
1,040 Reviews
Gale, Portugal
Strathclyde...
Level Contributor
20 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: areias da rocha apartments

Thanks Diskwizz that was quick. This is my first visit to Portugal so don`t know the area.

Mentioned in this post
Portimao, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: areias da rocha apartments

OK, I wouldn't worry too much. You have a wee bit of a walk to the "main" centre of Praia. But I suppose the bonus is you are not going to be kept awake by the loud music and drunks singing etc :-)

Every cloud has a silver lining right!

Mentioned in this post
Praia Gale
Praia Gale
1,040 Reviews
Gale, Portugal
Strathclyde...
Level Contributor
20 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: areias da rocha apartments

Ok ta, will get a good nights sleep then, suits us as we are an older couple.

London
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: areias da rocha apartments

If you can get down to the Riverside area in Portimão where you can sit in the Square Praça Manuel Teixeira Gomes and watch the people go by outside one of the cafés such as the Café Casa Inglesa.

Nearby (Rua D. Carlos I) don’t miss the recently opened Portimão Museum (closed Mondays) located (would you believe) in an ex-sardine processing factory!

Naturally amongst other things you’ll see exhibits that show the steps from unloading the sardines from the trawlers to the packing of the tins ready for export!

Enjoy Portimão and Praia da Rocha!

Mentioned in this post
Praia Da Rocha
Praia Da Rocha
4,556 Reviews
Praia da Rocha, Portugal
liverpool
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: areias da rocha apartments

hi all yes we also are going to the same hotel but in september but have searched high and low on here and are unable to find any reviews or info on the hotel we where going to stay at the plaza real as we have done in the past but they where fully booked so we ended up at areias da rocha pictures look great and the right up but you cannot beat the good old public review so if anybody out there has one it would be grea to read it

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: areias da rocha apartments

Hi

My partner and I are going to the Areias Da Rocha apartments on 31/5 for a week i will post a report when we get back on 7/6.

John

Mentioned in this post
Hotel da Rocha
Hotel da Rocha
1,226 Reviews
Praia da Rocha, Portugal
liverpool
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: areias da rocha apartments

great stuff john look forward to you review a nervous wait to be had

Algarve
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: areias da rocha apartments

Hi all! My name is Kim and I am currently the Thomson Rep for Areais Da Rocha. Just to let you know that so far the feedback from guests has been extremely good. Everyone impressed with the quality of the apartments and the friendliness of the staff. Quite a few guests have left saying that they will definitely be back next year - always a good sign! The apartments are in a quieter area, so no problem geeting a good nights sleep and for those of you who have stayed at Plaza Real before, these apartments are only approx 3 mins walk away.I'm sure everyone coming to stay at Areias this summer will have a fantastic holiday. Please don't forget to come and say hello!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel da Rocha
Hotel da Rocha
1,226 Reviews
Praia da Rocha, Portugal
Ireland
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: areias da rocha apartments

Hi all,

Sorry for jumping in but we are going to the Plaza Real apartments in 2 weeks and have just received a letter from Travel Company that there is excavation work going on right next to the Plaza Real and some noise will be experienced anyone been there lately and how bad is the noise and does it go on all day. We will have a small baby with us and dont really want rock breakers going from the early hours. Any info greatly appreciated..