We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lagos - Above the underground car park.

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Lagos - Above the underground car park.

Hi guys

Apologies for posting on here for this but I appreciate that there are some extremely knowledgeable regulars in this forum who could help!

I have been to Lagos a handful of times and was there just last week, saw a lot of work going on above the new ( ish ) underground car park next to the old slave market!? Any ideas of what's going on as am back in the summer and always exciting to see something new happen!

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,835 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lagos - Above the underground car park.

I understand that the British Gentleman behind the orange-logo Tours company has taken them on and is customising them into shops and cafes for his business.

Sagres
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lagos - Above the underground car park.

Like the same thing they have done near the fish market? Where no one rent that places because they are too expensive?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lagos - Above the underground car park.

Thought they were making 3 bars in that area to make it into the main "bar" area.

take some of the late night drinking away from the town centre ctreets

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,835 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lagos - Above the underground car park.

There are acually 5 units.

My understanding of the "Main Bar Area" concept, is that after last year's "Bar Wars" saga, in which it emerged that one of the Lagos Council engineers involved was also a shareholder in a company selling sound supression gear to bars, it also emerged that the Council had not consulted with the Portuguese Ministry of Defence, who happen to own the large building behind the car park facing the church.

The building in question only happens to be the "Officer's Mess", where well deserving Portuguese and NATO officers can come for breaks! I heard that after the noise raised during "Bar Wars", the Defence Ministry threatened to take Lagos Council to court if the guests at the Mess were disturbed by late night shenigans!!!!!

Consequently, Lagos Camara has, once again, been hoisted by its own petard and short sightedness..

I undestand that JCT28 Adventure Cruises Lda, who operate "Days of Adventure" outlets in Lagos have taken over 3 of the 5 units as I mentioned above.

Edited: 1:36 am, April 08, 2014
Sagres
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lagos - Above the underground car park.

I saw that ... just wonder where can i see how much that company (days of adventure) are paying for that strategic position

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,835 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lagos - Above the underground car park.

Me too!!!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lagos - Above the underground car park.

I called into that building once to ask for some direction, I wasnt made welcome at all

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,835 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lagos - Above the underground car park.

Technically, it is a secure military area.

I have been in there a couple of times on business but civilians are not that welcome.

9. Re: Lagos - Above the underground car park.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 10, 2015