We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

evening travel from Seville - there has to be a way...

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
evening travel from Seville - there has to be a way...

Landing in Seville around 6pm on a Tuesday and NEED to get to Lagos that evening.

Bus - looks like I will have missed the last direct bus (by looking on here)

Train - no direct or suitable trains

Taxi - any idea cost?

Car Hire - might need a one way hire - called one place and they quoted €600 fee for dropping off in another country. Its unlikely I will fly back for some time so return car hire doesn't suit.

Any other options?

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: evening travel from Seville - there has to be a way...

Many thanks all.

Car hire would be my first choice but it tried and can't seem to find one that will let me leave car in faro.

Looks like public transport just isn't going to work

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,179 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: evening travel from Seville - there has to be a way...

PaulV66 had a good suggestion to look for a flight to Faro or Lisbon. From Lisbon there are busses to Lagos.

http://www.rede-expressos.pt/default.aspx

http://www.renex.pt/Files/Horarios_SUL.pdf

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: evening travel from Seville - there has to be a way...

Brownbeat, my suggestion was that you drive back to Seville after a couple of days and get public transport from there back to Lagos. I know it would require a lot of extra driving, but it seems to me to be the most cost effective way of getting to Lagos on the Tuesday night (assuming changing your flight is not an option).

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,258 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: evening travel from Seville - there has to be a way...

"Looks like public transport just isn't going to work"

Nope, it won't as there is so little between Seville and the Algarve. There is virtually no demand as everyone drives across the border.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos, Mafra
Level Contributor
5,198 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: evening travel from Seville - there has to be a way...

I hate to suggest this given the bad reviews they get here, and I really loathe myself have to suggest it, but have you contacted goldcar.com

They are a Spanish car hire company with operations here in Portugal. They have a base at Seville Airport and Faro Airport. They might be able to do something.

They have a horrible reputation BUT as long you are aware of it and tie them down when you pick up the car on arrival and perhaps take out additional cover, it might do you.

You should probably email them first;

See: http://www.goldcar.es/en/reserva/

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: evening travel from Seville - there has to be a way...

Thanks. Will check them out. Potentially able to change arrival date to a day that would allow me to get to Seville around 1pm so bus would be an option. Although they don't look too frequent.

Edited: 6:08 pm, February 23, 2014
Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,179 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: evening travel from Seville - there has to be a way...

Congrats, you seem to have found the solution!

18. Re: evening travel from Seville - there has to be a way...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 26, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Lagos