We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oct trip to lagos, questions about boat party, kayak, surf

Paso Robles...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Oct trip to lagos, questions about boat party, kayak, surf

Just wanted to get some input on a rough sketch of plans I have made for a trip for 9 into lagos.

Friday we wanted to go kayaking and/or snorkeling-- any advice?

Friday night we considered a boat party -- are they still happening, are they any good?

Sat trip to lisbon -- are trains on strike, is it worth it for a day trip?

Sun and Monday -- surf lessons?

Any restaurant or bar suggestions would be SOOO appreciated.

We are staying to the right of the marina (right behind in a nice villa)

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,543 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oct trip to lagos, questions about boat party, kayak, surf

Trip to Lisboa, if you want to do it by yourself take a bus not the train. Buses are more frequent and are direct.

Paso Robles...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oct trip to lagos, questions about boat party, kayak, surf

There is nine of us. I have looked into a van transfer

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,246 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oct trip to lagos, questions about boat party, kayak, surf

Friday night we considered a boat party -- are they still happening, are they any good?

I doubt they are still happening, but you can ask at the various stands at the marina or along the esplanade on the other side of the bridge.

Sat trip to lisbon -- are trains on strike, is it worth it for a day trip?

Trains are not on strike but buses are more direct. However it will still take around 4 hours each way plus the time it takes you to get from the Lisbon bus station into the city. the bus station is about 12 minutes by metro (Subway) from the city centre. A day out does need an early start and it would be 8 or 9 hours travelling for just a few hours in the city.

A van transfer is a good idea in that you can to a large extent dictate your own timetable. Even driving non-stop to the centre of Lisbon will take perhaps 3 hours.

Sun and Monday -- surf lessons?

There is a surf school in Lagos but a lot depends on the weather and of course the height of the waves. Best ask locally or via a quick Google search of ´Lagos Surf School´which brings up several companies.

Edited: 6:12 am, October 14, 2013
yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oct trip to lagos, questions about boat party, kayak, surf

There are five Indian restaurants in case you need a fix like I do.

A relatively new one Komal seems to be getting rave reviews , I have not been.

My favourite Maharaja tasty Indian is just off the main square where the statue of the boy king is situated.

It does not look much from the outside, but having been to all the others offers the best food.

Ask for it hot,otherwise it is rather mild.

Paso Robles...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oct trip to lagos, questions about boat party, kayak, surf

Thank you for the replies!

Very helpful!

Def wrote down the Indian restaurants and will have to try at least one out -- hardest decision is choosing between the two!

I am so bummed about how far and how long lisbon can take. Maybe a private hire might be the best way to go about it!

Paso Robles...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oct trip to lagos, questions about boat party, kayak, surf

Can you suggest a cheap van transfer that you might know of?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oct trip to lagos, questions about boat party, kayak, surf

ask these guys about trip to Lagos

http://www.algarve-365.com/

other than that hire car here

moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-car-hire

For the Indian restaurant , have a chat with them before you decide.

The one I recommended introduced us to some great dishes,Chickhen Kashmiri is fabulous.

Lamb tikka not on menu order the day before, excellent.

Only concern about this place is that a family member visited earlier this year and the usual chef was not there,

food was different , not in a bad way , but the dishes weren't exactly as before.

Thats why I say have a chat with the owners and you will get a feel for which is best.

Avoid the others ,they are like a curry sauce from a super market.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oct trip to lagos, questions about boat party, kayak, surf

We are a party of ten looking to visit lagos in October too, did you end up going? Was there plenty to do? Which villa did you stay at?

9. Re: Oct trip to lagos, questions about boat party, kayak, surf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 19, 2015