We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating out prices

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
eating out prices

It's been a long time since I've been to Portugal. What are the prices like to eat out?. Read somewhere Portugal is the best place to go for best value this year. Going to Lagos never been before.

Thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating out prices

Can be less than in Scotland, can be a lot more if you wish. It's fairly easy to find a place with a tourist menu or 'dish of the day' menu for 7 - 10 Euros which will include a drink eg glass of wine or beer.

If you want to pay a lot more then you can. Everywhere has prices displayed outside but beware the 'couvert' in some places which can add 2 or 3 Euros to your bill, per head.

Then there is always McDonald's, but that is not particularly cheap.

Sagres
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: eating out prices

5€ on Macdonalds

and at the moment i think we can find in lagos places that make 5€ a meal! But you just need to find out the right place ;)

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,838 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eating out prices

Two Lagos "Cheap and Cheerfuls" personally recomended by your DE!

Go and see Sr. João at Churrasqueira Frangos S. João,

just round the corner from the seagulls' (currently dry) roundabout.

Full Address: Urbanizacão Marina Sol, Lt 17 - Lj A, Lagos.

See: http://goo.gl/maps/iaqJx

You can have a main dish with wine and/or beer for +- € 7 to € 8 per head.

Alternatively, Bom Apetite is another place where one can eat cheaply if one chooses carefully!

Again +- € 9 -10 per head for a main dish with wine.

See http://bit.ly/1cHmAAT

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eating out prices

order the house white vinho verde 3 euros for a litre at some places

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eating out prices

lagos as a lot of restaurants as rua 25 de abril.some restaurants have a menu of day dish for about 8 euros;just walk around a see the prices.there are also cheap, small dishes

what cubsur means with "couvert" is the bread,olives,cheese... that they always put of try to put in your table.If you don't want just refuse.

Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
427 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eating out prices

We are paying about 50 euro a night for four mains with a bottle of wine for us and two soft drinks for kids

Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
427 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: eating out prices

Ps the kids are teens so their meals are the same size as ours, but after a massive swordfish and pork fillet dish last night they couldn't finish I think it'll be one main and an extra portion of chips/potatoes from now on!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: eating out prices

Which restaurant was that WarrenpointMermaid? Would you give it a decent review?

Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
427 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: eating out prices

I ll have to walk past it again, VivaAlgarve, as I've forgotten the name but it was along the promenade and was very busy - indoors was massive but we sat outside. I will try to do a review of most places - already done one of the Maharaja but don't not be up yet..

Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
427 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: eating out prices

Sorry, 'might' not be up!