We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lagos for a week end of March - Restaurant Recommendations

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
13 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Lagos for a week end of March - Restaurant Recommendations

I am travelling to Lagos in the end of March. Quite excited by the location. Initially I was considering Carvoeiro but the location and cost of food was a bit too much.

I am looking for some good recommendations on restaurants. I am keen on Portuguese food as I love it. Value for money is important as well as the cleanliness of the place. Would be great to get some local advice.

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lagos for a week end of March - Restaurant Recommendations

Practically all restaurants in Portugal are clean these days, owing to the implementation of EU hygiene, the omni-present ASAE and supposed anti-horsemeat standards!

In Lagos, I would recommend:

Bom Apetite - http://goo.gl/55twh

O Prato Cheio - http://goo.gl/sRPkB

O Portal do Infante (if open) - http://goo.gl/Za8UU

Edited: 5:39 am, March 03, 2013
yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lagos for a week end of March - Restaurant Recommendations

these 2 fit the bill good food at resonable prices

http://adegadamarina.grupoadm.pt/ this is a must for all visitors to lagos open till the early hours

think they other is casinha de pestico its at the side of the irish rover pub.

A main course is enough for 2 people

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lagos for a week end of March - Restaurant Recommendations

no difference in food prices in restaurants between Lagos and Carvoeiro reallly if so it will be minimal, odd exception maybe the adega de marina other than there no difference

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lagos for a week end of March - Restaurant Recommendations

the best idea is to read reviews on TA then make you own mind up. The regular people on here bang on about the same restaurants all the time/ Some good some not so, For example Adega marina just because lots of people use it does mean the food is good... Mcdonalds is a busy place but would you eat there?

Also watch out on TA for restaurants that suddenly get the Number one place, i mean at the moment its is International cafe, while its a good pub cafe certailny not a restaurant... they must have a lot of friends posting here

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lagos for a week end of March - Restaurant Recommendations

klm100, Your comments are on the button!

The only reason I think the Adega gets so much coverage is because of its dominant prominent position on the Avenida, the fact it is one of the first restaurants anyone coming to Lagos sees and that the staff are very good at "working" the tourists! Once someone walks in, 7 out of ten times they are "hooked"!

As the original poster appears to be price-conscious, the Adega is a good fit. I eat there regularly when I am in a hurry, en route to get a late night bus up north or incoming from Faro Airport or Sevilla.

However, there are other good restaurants as I quoted above! Again, if price is an issue you need to know what your are ordering. Often, in many Portuguese Restaurants, one can get cheaper dishes not on the menu simply by asking.

If you really want to eat cheaply in Lagos, I would recommend Churrasqueira de Frangos São João, Urb. Marina Sol, Lote 17 - Loja A, 8600-000, Lagos. (Round the back of the "Seagull's Roundabout"!)

This is now run by Sr. João, who used to run Churrasqueira Mana, (just under the bridge up town.) and his wife.

You will not get a menu and you will only have paper table cloths, but there is a daily menu on the white board at reasonable prices. The Police, Ambulance and Fire Brigade crews go there for take-outs, as do some other notable Lagos characters.

Edited: 5:36 am, March 09, 2013
Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lagos for a week end of March - Restaurant Recommendations

"klm100, Your comments are on the button!"

ditto

7. Re: Lagos for a week end of March - Restaurant Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:37 pm, March 10, 2013
Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lagos for a week end of March - Restaurant Recommendations

Boraxo. which Lagos are you referring to?

The original one in the Algarve, Portugal or the one in Nigeria??'

This forum deals with Lagos, Algarve, Portugal and as far as I know we have no restaurant here by that name!

Many of our restaurants take credit cards and NO, here,one does not "kiss that card goodbye."

Please do your homework by reading the forum header before posting erroneous comments!!!!!!!!!!

We have enough problems promoting tourism here at present without more unfounded aspersions being cast on the region!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lagos for a week end of March - Restaurant Recommendations

I would take little notice of the list of restaurants on this forum.

Out of the top 20 we would only visit 3 plus the Indian which is a favourite of mine.

Adega de marina is a simple portugese style grill style restaurant with fresh fish and meAt simply prepared.

Remember step back from the algarve and Portugal is comparable to a third world country.

I spent some time in Tuscany last summer and you can get better food in lagos

Malveira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lagos for a week end of March - Restaurant Recommendations

Pautugal,

What exactly do you mean by "Remember step back from the algarve and Portugal is comparable to a third world country."?