We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seville to Lagos

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Seville to Lagos

Does anyone know if there is an overnight bus/train from Seville to Lagos? Thanks!

Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seville to Lagos

there i only a bu seville -faro

see http://www.rede-expressos.pt/0010.asp

from faro to lagos you can get a train or a bus

Vancouver
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seville to Lagos

Faroadviser: I checked out the site you provided but SEVILLE is not even in the options! I am also planning to go from Seville to Faro but am having trouble visualizing how am I going to get there.

People have been telling me that it was really a hassle before but now there's a direct bus route now from seville to faro taking the new bridge but it only leaves once/twice a day.. Do you know:

1. where can I find more information on what TIME it leaves daily?

2. Where is the bus station in seville?

3. how long does it take each way?

4. how much?

thanks!

West Sussex
Level Contributor
253 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seville to Lagos

Hi HalfBloodPrincess,

The link Faroadvisor gave was right and this is the information I was able to come up with.

Dos Expressos entre

FARO e SEVILHA (247 kms)

Partida: 08:20 h Chegada: 13:00 h

Preço: 12.00 €

Mudança de Autocarro:

Frequência : Diariamente

Período:

Partida: 15:35 h Chegada: 20:15 h

Preço: 12.00 €

Mudança de Autocarro:

Período:

The first one is Faro to Sevilha, and the second one Sevilha to Faro. I agree it wouldn't allow you to do it the other way round. If you try again and put Faro in the first box, you'll find there's an option of Sevilha in the second box. I'm assuming Sevilha is Seville!

I don't know where the bus station is in Seville, I'm afraid.

aberdeen, scotland
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seville to Lagos

Try www.rede-expressos.pt

Here are two daylight journeys by Rede Expressos. Can't see anything overnight. There is another company, Renex, who might run overnight, but I can't find their site.

Dos Expressos entre

LAGOS e SEVILHA (338 kms)

Partida: 06:30 h Chegada: 13:00 h

Preço: 17.00 €

Mudança de Autocarro:

Período:

Partida: 13:45 h Chegada: 20:15 h

Preço: 17.00 €

Mudança de Autocarro:

Período:

Also try another company: Renex.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,506 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seville to Lagos

There are two bus stations in Sevilla. The one that serves the west i.e. Huelva is on the west side of the city centre. It's called Plaza de Armas and it is near the river and not too far from the Maestranza bull ring.

The other bus station is called Prado de San Sebastian and is near the gardens at the rear of the Alcazar.

Bus times are on www.eva-bus.net

California
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seville to Lagos

i asked this question on another site and someone told me direct route offered by www.eva-bus.net

i found direct route from seville - lagos

2 buses per day each way.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,506 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seville to Lagos

Correct! And it's the only way. The two daily buses leave Seville at 0730 and 1630 and according to the bus company website (http://www.damas-sa.es/index.htm)do not at present run at weekends. Neither does the website tell you whereabouts in Seville the journeys start, although elsewhere there is a suggestion that " All buses depart from El Prado de San Sebastían bus station", which is close to the railway station.

The oneway fare is €17.00

London
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Seville to Lagos

Does anyone know how to actually buy the tickets from Seville to Lagos? We get sent to Rede expresso but there isn´t an option to buy tickets departing Sevilha. Any help grately appreciated.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,506 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seville to Lagos

I am not sure if you can buy tickets on line for this journey ! However, just to repeat some facts that you probably already know.

The route from Seville to the Algarve is currently operated 'jointly' or like a code share arrangement, by the Spanish bus company based in Huelva (this is the province bordering Portugal) called DAMAS and the Portuguese bus company EVA.

the times should be on both these companies web sites;

www.damas-sa.es

and

www.eva-bus.net

On the EVA bus site there is a contact email and it may be possible to request a booking using them - they are based in Faro.

The bus terminus in Seville that serves the west of the city including the Algarve is called PLAZA DES ARMAS. It is near the river (technically the canal!) on the west side of the city and not too far from the Maestranza bull ring.

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Seville to Lagos

Has anyone worked this out yet? I am trying to book this bus aswell and can´t find out how to buy them anywhere.

Get answers to your questions about Lagos
Recent Conversations