We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttledirect Faro transfer contracted to Greenbus company

Which Faro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wirral
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttledirect Faro transfer contracted to Greenbus company

This is feedback on the service we received from Shuttledirect at Faro airport Portugal. Having been picked up on arrival at Faro we were met and transported to our destination address in Alvor, all fine so far. To get our return we logged on to get our confirmation and this gave us an automatic confirmation that we were to be picked up at 02.15hrs at out hotel despite not flying until 07.00 from Faro that is approximately 1.00 hour transfer time. We tried to phone their helpline but were unable to get any response. When being dropped off at 03.30 the airport was closed with no lights on. We complained to the driver who was working for the greenbus company presumably the company they had subcontracted our booking to but he told us there was nothing he could do and he was just doing as he was told. He agreed it was terrible that we were picked up so early as he new the first flight out from Faro was not until 6.00. He could not give us a valid reason for such and early pick up.

Please be warned this service was unacceptable a none negotiable 2.15am pick up from Alvor to Faro for a 7.00am flight was not good service

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttledirect Faro transfer contracted to Greenbus company

its 2 hr check in so you were only 30 mins early ,thats the sort of time that is built in for any unforseen instances better 30 mins early than late

Wirral
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttledirect Faro transfer contracted to Greenbus company

It was a 7.00am flight which they knew we were picked up at 2.15am. Check in started at 5am we arrived at 3.30am. Thats 1 and half hours not 30 minutes.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,748 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttledirect Faro transfer contracted to Greenbus company

That's one downside of cheap transfers. They will have their itinerary and that's that.

Pay a bit extra and go for a private transfer next time.

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttledirect Faro transfer contracted to Greenbus company

DO NOT USE GREENBUS services from Faro Airport. We booked with Shuttledirect, but they contracted Greenbus to take us from Faro airport to Albufeira.

The trip there was OK, if you liked travelling at 80mph everywhere, with only a 20-min wait.

However, for the return journey of 40-mins, they wanted to pick us up 4 HOURS before departure. With nothing at Faro airport, we were thinking of 1 1/2 hours before take-off, but 4 HOURS is unacceptable - and we told them this. Their reply was they had other clients, but 4 HOURS sitting in an airport is far too long. Our only option was to pay the extra and have a private transfer. Can't help feeling this was their ploy all along.

We will certainly not be booking with this company again and warn others too.

Sagres
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttledirect Faro transfer contracted to Greenbus company

Not the first persons that come to my hears complaining from Greenbus...

and i let it here this enterprise

transol.pt/transol_2011/alugueres_turismo.php

it belongs to the biggest or at least the bigger enterprise in Portugal that work with bus!

If you want to find out more www.barraqueiro.com/html/eng_homepage.php

They have many years working on this... more that Greenbus for example ;)

One guideline that i use is, the cheapest at the end will be more expensive (well... translating from portuguese it sounds a little strange :P but i think you all get the idea)

Lagos, Portugal
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttledirect Faro transfer contracted to Greenbus company

Thanks for this post.

I will also post this separately but below our experiences with this.

After having used this service since 2 years now through http://www.resorthoppa.ie/ , who now work with Green Cars, we have now given up.

We live in Lagos and have used this service for at least 25 times over the last year, for ourselves and visitors. Since last summer, it has almost every time been over 3 to 3,5 hours to get from Faro to Lagos, only 1 or 2 times it was within 1,5 hours, and pick up times with over at least 5 or 6 hours before the flight. This weekend we had a friend visiting whose flight was at 9.15 am and pick up time 3.30 am with the ' speedy shuttle! He decided to book a private taxi instead, but the shuttle obviously was paid already, as happened before. We tried to talk to them yesterday but no luck.

We have now tried to talk to them on several occasions and sent them several emails as they advertise with a max 1,5 transfer time for the speedy shuttle. But they absolutely don't care and do not reply to complaints either.

This is getting too ridiculous so we will not use them again now.

The price is reasonable; from Lagos 16 Euro for the normal or 20 Euro for the speedy shuttle (single) but if you use this shuttle, be prepared for VERY long travel times!!

Lagos, Portugal
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shuttledirect Faro transfer contracted to Greenbus company

Sorry, I meant Greenbus company instead of Green cars in my previous reply/post.

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shuttledirect Faro transfer contracted to Greenbus company

I am really sorry for the problems you have had but in your own words:

'Have used this service for at least 25 times over the last year, for ourselves and visitors. Since last summer, it has almost every time been over 3 to 3,5 hours to get from Faro to Lagos, only 1 or 2 times it was within 1,5 hours, and pick up times with over at least 5 or 6 hours before the flight.'

My question is why have you continued to use them with such poor service?

Lagos, Portugal
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shuttledirect Faro transfer contracted to Greenbus company

Hi Keith

Fair question. As said, the price is/was good/competitive as we're not always able to go by car or train/bus and I guess we gave them the benefit of the doubt too many times, since service was fine the first year we used it and we were happy with it. I think we were just hoping that you would be lucky sometimes and get here within reasonable time, which also happened a few times in the last year. I can also understand that it takes longer in summer, when there is more people and Lagos is usually the last stop from Faro.

It wasn't always ourselves but also people who visited us and people easily forget if they are on a one off holiday. Once they're here, forgiven and forgotten usually. Also, we did not always use the return transfers, we used more the transfers coming over from the airport to here then back. I think the ridiculous pick up times are more sort of a recent phenomenon.

I think it was just slowly getting worse. And after this weekend, talking to them again, finding out again that calling them or complaining has no effect, it just happened too many times and we realized (it took a while I suppose..), OK, this just doen't work anymore.

Hope that answers your question!

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Shuttledirect Faro transfer contracted to Greenbus company

Hi Peertje

You said in the first year you had good service with Resorthoppa. Do you know if Resorthoppa changed companies to Greenbus in the intervening period? This might help travellers in the future.