We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easiest access to a Beach - Faro Town

Ireland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Easiest access to a Beach - Faro Town

I arrive back in Faro later this afternoon (2pm). I only have a short window of time left - and wondered whats the easiest/fastest way to access a beach from Faro Town? I don't have a car - so looking at the most accessible option.

Is this achievable - on foot - OR - by taxi - OR - by ferry/water taxi?

If anyone with the knowledge could post back with how I can achieve this, I'd really appreciate it.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,343 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easiest access to a Beach - Faro Town

The Faro beach is a 20 minute bus ride from town. It's in fact on the other side of the airport and the bus goes past the airport and stops there on the way.

The number 14 or number 16 bus to PRAIA DE FARO is the one you want.

These leave from a stop outside the main bus station on the other side of the road. However they are only twice an hour at best, so if you are short of time I suggest you not bother.

A taxi would cost about 12 Euros.

But there won't be much of anything at the beach other than sand.

Edited: 7:38 am, December 20, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Easiest access to a Beach - Faro Town

Perfect day to visit the beach. It's 20C. The airport is very close to the beach. Best is to take a taxi from the airport and then the bus back into town when you're done?

Hope you enjoy.

Edited: 9:43 am, December 20, 2012
Ireland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easiest access to a Beach - Faro Town

Hi to you both - and thanks for taking the time out to reply. I decided to leave it be - and didn't venture out that far as it worked out. You're quite right about the day that was in it - it was the best weather of the 4 days - full sun and 20C (not that i'm really complaining about the other 3 days - they may have been overcast - but didnt get any rain - and very pleasant time to be travelling about - much easier than the height of the summer).

Ended up soaking in the sun at the marina - while sipping away on some Super Bock - and enjoying some good Portuguese seafood.

Headed back out later that evening - and whilst I thought the town was quiet on that front, ended up the bar that I was in filled out - later on in the night. Spent the last part of the night chatting away with some locals - and luckily they reminded me of my flight. I couldn't believe the time - it was 5am in the morning!

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Easiest access to a Beach - Faro Town

Thanks for sharing! Always nice to get some feedback. It sounds like you had a nice time.

5. Re: Easiest access to a Beach - Faro Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 24, 2013