We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which car hire companies have proper offices at Faro?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Which car hire companies have proper offices at Faro?

I’m not asking for a recommendation, I realise there are several threads about that, but can someone tell me which car hire companies at Faro airport have proper offices in those buildings to the right of the terminal as you walk out? Last year we rented a car that needed collection at car park 4 opposite the terminal. The car was fine, but collection and delivery was a quite chaotic, with several companies all using the same portacabin in the car park. Travelling with a family I’d rather pay a bit more and avoid that stress, hence my question. Thanks in advance.

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,070 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which car hire companies have proper offices at Faro?

Budget /A.A. Castanheira

+(351) 289 889 440

Europcar/ Europcar SA

+(351) 289 889 447

SIXT/ Auro Rent

+(351) 289 818 294

Guerin/ Guérin Lda.

+(351) 289 800 883

Hertz/ H.R, SA

+(351) 289 818 248

Goldcar Rental

+(351) 289 800 670

Counters on arrivals public area

Daily: 07:00am to 00:00am

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which car hire companies have proper offices at Faro?

Thanks!

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which car hire companies have proper offices at Faro?

Sixt's office is about a 5 minute drive away, you get picked up in a minibus at the taxi rank and taken to get your car. I have had cars with them twice this year and had no problem each time. I would recommend them. Both booked through Holiday Autos.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which car hire companies have proper offices at Faro?

Just another question - do all the rental companies now have transponders fitted for the A22 tolls? I can only find mixed information, I don't want to have to avoid the A22 and I don't want to spend half my holiday queuing to pay tolls in a post office... I'm leaning towards Hertz, anyone know if they have a sensible toll system?

Dublin, Ireland
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which car hire companies have proper offices at Faro?

Hank, just enquiring did you hire with Hertz last year, how did you find their service?

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which car hire companies have proper offices at Faro?

Hank, I booked with Drive 4 Fun. They supply transponders (which is why I rent with them) and their 'transponder policy' seems very fair - you can find it on their website.

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which car hire companies have proper offices at Faro?

Avis and Auto Jardim are also based at the airport.

@ amboseli.

I know they are a part of Guerin but I've never seen or found Drive 4 Fun's website.

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which car hire companies have proper offices at Faro?

Here it is ... http://www.drive4fun.info/

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Which car hire companies have proper offices at Faro?

Thanks amboseli.

Re: drive4fun being an arm of Guerin. My mistake, I was thinking of drive4less.

10. Re: Which car hire companies have proper offices at Faro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 24, 2014