We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling on a Sunday from Faro to Seville

Minnesota, USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling on a Sunday from Faro to Seville

I have done a decent amount of train/bus travel through Europe, but I've always avoided doing major travel on Sundays. This trip is different. I am pretty much logistically confined to traveling from Faro to Seville on Sunday December 23rd.

Do I need to be concerned bus connections will be unavailable or non existent on this day? Not only am I concerned about it being a Sunday, but it is also close to Christmas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Costa Adeje, Spain
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling on a Sunday from Faro to Seville

This connection operates everyday of the year...twice a day winter time.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,172 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling on a Sunday from Faro to Seville

http://www.eva-bus.com indeed has 2 connections a day during winter time.

On Dec. 23 they may limit it to 1 but it will only be known towards that date.

I don't expect them to cancel all of them.

Usually during winter time the bus leaves at 08.20 and arrives at 13.00 hrs (1 hour later in Spain). The next bus leaves at 15.35 and arrives at 20.15 hrs.

Hope this helps.

Costa Adeje, Spain
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling on a Sunday from Faro to Seville

It woud be the first time that service suffers limitation on that day/season...but every thing is possible....

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,612 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling on a Sunday from Faro to Seville

The ALSA bus company also has two journeys on Sundays leaving Faro at 2.30am and 6.30pm arrival in Seville 6.15am and 10.15pm respectively at Spanish time, which is 1 hour ahead of Portugal.

www.alsa.es is their website. Tickets must be bought in advance as their ticket office is not open on Sundays!

All these times should be checked nearer the time of travel as these buses carry very few passengers in winter and are liable to alteration. The lines have not operated on 25th December in past years, otherwise they have run as per normal.

Minnesota, USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling on a Sunday from Faro to Seville

Thank you for all the helpful information. I seem to psyche myself out when arrranging travel bookings, but when I actually go on the trip, I find everything is a lot more straightforward.

If I were to stay in Tavira instead of Faro, and leave Tavira on that Sunday, would these connections still apply? Most of these buses most likely travel through Tavira?

Do you think I should purchase all tickets at least some time in advance?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,612 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling on a Sunday from Faro to Seville

The two buses operated by EVA/DAMAS do stop in Tavira, at 0905 and 1620 respectively (in the current timetable) as do the ALSA buses at 0300 and 1900.

You have to buy a ticket in advance for ALSA, which you can do on line.

For EVA/DAMAS it is a simple matter of going to the bus station let's say half an hour before before departure, or you can buy on line or go to the bus station beforehand if it gives you peace of mind to have a ticket in your hand.

Edited: 5:21 am, March 12, 2012
7. Re: Traveling on a Sunday from Faro to Seville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:41 am, June 18, 2013