We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

faro motor bike rally

NORTHUMBERLAND
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
faro motor bike rally

i would like accomodation as close to the rally in july for week beginning 17th july 2012 for one week there will be eight adults.

49 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,751 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: faro motor bike rally

There are several hotels in Faro itself. They also have a temporary campsite down near the music venue etc for the week of the rally.

Faro Hotels to check - there are more. The HQ for the rally is the Praia de Faro (Faro beach) which is about 7km from the city centre and 1.5km from the airport.

HOTELS IN FARO, PORTUGAL

HOTEL IBIS - 5 minutes by taxi from airport, 5 minutes walk from Forum Algarve shopping centre and about a mile/1.7km from city centre

HOTEL EVA (4*) - city centre, next to bus station and marina. 200 metres from railway station

HOTEL FARO (4*) - city centre, 100 metres from bus station and 300 metres from railway station; close to marina.

HOTEL ALNACIR (2*) - city centre, 300 metres from railway station, 500 metres from bus station.

HOTEL MONACO (3*) - in suburb of Montenegro 1 mile/1.7km from airport, 4 miles/6km from city.

BEST WESTERN HOTEL DOM BERNADO (3*) - edge of city centre, 500m from railway and bus stations.

HOTEL SANTA MARIA (3*) Rua de Portugal - city centre, about 500m from railway and bus stations on foot through city centre pedestrian zone.

Faro city centre is about 4 miles/7km by road from the airport. A taxi will cost around €8 - €10 depending on time of day and number of passengers etc.

There is a limited bus service from the airport into the city, only about once an hour at best. Details at www.algarvebus.info/003.htm - there is no other public transport at the airport.

I hope that helps.

Mentioned in this post
Faro
Faro
Faro District, Portugal
Praia de Faro
Praia de Faro
422 Reviews
Faro, Portugal
Algarve Shopping
Algarve Shopping
693 Reviews
Albufeira, Portugal
Hotel Eva
Hotel Eva
1,761 Reviews
Faro, Portugal
Hotel Faro
Hotel Faro
1,128 Reviews
Faro, Portugal
Hotel Alnacir
Hotel Alnacir
187 Reviews
Faro, Portugal
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: faro motor bike rally

You can hire a number of villas close to the rally site.

For contact details the you could start by contacting the Faro Tennis club.

During the rally the Moto Clube De Faro put on a free bus service between the rally site and Faro.

I have been a volunteer at the rally since 1998!!!

Mentioned in this post
Faro
Faro
Faro District, Portugal
Clube Praia da Rocha
Clube Praia da Rocha
794 Reviews
Praia da Rocha, Portugal
Birmingham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: faro motor bike rally

Hi i have rode to rally twice and will be going by plane this year dur to time it takes etc I will be arriving on the thursday around 4pm and back out on the tuesday morning can I stay on the camp site till tuesday or will I have to move off on sunday afternoon like the other web sites are saying

Edited: 5:55 am, July 05, 2012
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,751 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: faro motor bike rally

The official website states the campsite closes one day after the rally ends ie Monday but there are no campsite services from 2pm Sunday

motoclubefaro.pt/Actividades/Saloes/Bilbao/_…

The site has a list of other campsites in the area you could use for the extra night

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: faro motor bike rally

Due to their being no services available after 2pm you need to vacate the site by this time and seek alternative accommodation.

Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: faro motor bike rally

can u just pay in for the day

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,196 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: faro motor bike rally

Yes you can!

Portadown, Northern...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: faro motor bike rally

How much is rally tickets and what are the bands for this yr,a few of us comin from ireland thanku.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,751 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: faro motor bike rally

All the information is or will be on the official website in English. No bands confirmed yet

motoclubefaro.pt/Actividades/Saloes/Bilbao/_…

Portadown, Northern...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: faro motor bike rally

No price of tickets on official website,when is bands goin to be announced?

Reply to: faro motor bike rally
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted