We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to go from Seville to Faro?

Vancouver
8 posts
Save Topic
Best way to go from Seville to Faro?

I am planning to go to Spain & Faro at the end of Sept. My IT is Madrid-Barcelona-Seville-Faro-Cordoba-Madrid.

However, I'm couldn't find any direct train routes nor a direct air flights from Seville to Faro. Bus seems to be the mode of choice for most people from previous postings.

How much does it cost to go direct from seville to faro?

Where do I purchase the bus fares? Can I buy them once I get to Seville or do I need to pre-book? Is there a site I could visit to check the bus schedule??

Appreciate anyone's help.

Algarve
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to go from Seville to Faro?

There's no train from Seville to Faro. The railway in spanish side ends in a city called Huelva. So the best way is the bus.

There's a line named Damas with direct and daily bus to Faro.

I guess de website is www.damas.es

Don't know much about prices but are not expensive.

Hope i could help you

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to go from Seville to Faro?

Hi,

I will be travelling from Malaga to Faro in December and would like to hire a car but I cannot find any car hire companies that will do a multi-country drop off at the moment. Does anybody know of any car hire companies that does this?

Or is there any alternative way of getting from malaga to faro - train or bus? and how long does the trip take?

Many thanks

Kammy

Olhão,Algarve,Portug...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to go from Seville to Faro?

Check out this website from the main portuguese bus company:http://www.eva-bus.net/lagos_sevilha.php?lang=PT&serv=lagos_sevilha

New York
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to go from Seville to Faro?

Hello

I dont advise to do a car rental drop off in Spain as it will cost a fortune

Best way is to rent a car in Lisbon and return in Faro with www.portugal-auto-rentals.com

or

Take the EVA BUS from FARO to Sevilhe. Costs about 20 euros and is a nice trip

http://www.eva-bus.com/uk/

regards

john

Europe
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to go from Seville to Faro?

Does the Faro Seville Bus operate at this time of Year? (March 22nd 2006)

Also whereabouts is the Bus terminal in Faro, in relation to the Airport?

Thanks any help would be great im travelling day after tomorrow so thanks.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,246 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to go from Seville to Faro?

This might be too late but the bus terminal in Faro is in the town centre about 4 miles from the Airport, It's a €1.40 bus ride (if you are lucky as they run only once an hour or so) or about €8 in a cab.

The bus between Faro and Seville runs TWICE A DAY only. It leaves at 820am and 3.35pm and the fare is €13.00; you get tickets at Faro bus station.

The question of travel between the Algarve and Seville comes up regularly. There are virtually no public transport links. I have been putting together some details and you are welcome to take a look at my webpage at thomasallen.home.sapo.pt/travel/001.htm

It's not complete but all the information has been checked in the last week or so. The links lead to other pages I am putting together and if anyone visits them please treat the information as given with the best of intentions!