We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeting Point in Faro Airport

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Meeting Point in Faro Airport

I am travelling with a group of golfers who are arriving on different flights from various regional airports in the UK. Any suggestions on the best place for everyone to meet up before the last flight arrives and we get our transport. Ideally the meeting place should be near the arrivals hall exit and somewhere where we can get a coffee or a bite to eat?

17 replies to this topic
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meeting Point in Faro Airport

Hi

Came through temporary arrivals last week which is a temporary structure straight out of the main airport building. This is due to the ongoing building works.

This temporary building is the only place being used for arrivals such as meet and greet, hire car etc.

You don't state when you are going as the building works look quite away from being finished this spring

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meeting Point in Faro Airport

Look out for the 'clubs to hire ' shop ,you have to pass it in the arrivals hall after collecting luggage. there should be a cafe next to it. Lots of work has happened at the airport over the months hopefully that location should not have changed. But the shop will be there so if it has moved just ask where it is! That could be your meeting point.

Edited: 2:11 pm, January 23, 2017
Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
7,128 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meeting Point in Faro Airport

From baggage reclaim, due to much re-furbishment and expansion work, you are directed straight to a big tent outside .. or the taxi rank, etc. There is a cafe in there ... and the club hire place ... not sure what there is to eat ..

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meeting Point in Faro Airport

Good point. Not going until next October, so guess I would do better raising the question nearer the time. Many thanks for your response and those below.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meeting Point in Faro Airport

There's currently a small cafe when I passed through last week.

Hopefully by October the works may be completed

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meeting Point in Faro Airport

Steve , supposed to be this summer for completion?

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meeting Point in Faro Airport

Thanks Steve

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meeting Point in Faro Airport

They'll need to be going some Liverpoolman from what I saw last week

Save Reply
9. Re: Meeting Point in Faro Airport

Dont eat inside the airport after security. The food is terrible and very expensive. I gues the restaurant Paul BEFORE security is ok, but also a bit expensive.

Edited: 3:29 pm, August 10, 2017
Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meeting Point in Faro Airport

I agree with the last contributor eating and drinking inside the Airport will be expensive whether arriving or departing, how many and have you booked one vehicle..and what is the time lapse time between first and last Plane subject to them being on time.

Reply to: Meeting Point in Faro Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted