We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

caramujeira - taxi

Worcester
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
caramujeira - taxi

Hi,

Were going to be staying in caramujeira, great but remote and we have no transport.

1. Does anyone no how much a taxi would charge from caramujeira to Carvoeiro? Any recommendation of taxi firms?

2. buses? i cant see them at caramujeira either.

3. I also need to get to the airport from here, transfer companies like Yellow fish does not appear to go to caramujeira, please help we will be there on Tuesday.

Thanks in advance.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,181 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: caramujeira - taxi

Caramujeira is about four miles to the west of the town of Armacao de Pera. Any of the private transfer companies would take you there, then add a bit. Do make 110% sure that you have the address correct. Don't use the cheap 'shuttle' transfers as their big buses won't go down the narrow lanes there.

Caramujeira area has no buses except two each weekday from Lagoa heading towards Praia da Marinha. I don't know the exact route they take. Otherwise the nearest bus stops are a couple of miles away. Even the nearest beach is a little over a mile and I am fairly certain there are no shops etc anywhere nearer than the Intermarché just outside Armacao de Pera.

It's about 4.5 miles to Carvoeiro, say 9 Euros in a taxi weekdays, 11 at weekends or at night Sorry I don't know what number you would need to call to summon a taxi in that area.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,174 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: caramujeira - taxi

You'll be quite remote and isolated without a car.

Caramujeira is right in between Carvoeiro and Armacao de Pera.

Below are some numbers. See if you can get hold of the first one and let them pick you up from the airport. If you're satisfied you'll have your taxi-contact for the rest of your stay?!

Táxis Simões

ARMAÇÃO DE PÊRA

Tel: (351)282 315 501

Tel: (351)963 056 040

Tel: (351)962 633 068

Email: taxisimoes@gmail.com (they do airport transfers as well)

Táxis Alex

ARMAÇÃO DE PÊRA

Tel: (351)282315280

ATC-Auto Táxis do Carvoeiro

Carvoeiro

Tel: (351)968578583

Worcester
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: caramujeira - taxi

Thanks so much.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: caramujeira - taxi

Hi, we have had a villa in Caramujeira for over 15 years and we travel to Carvoeiro most nights. It ranges between 9 and 12 euros dependent on how many people there are and the time.

Thanks, Harry.

5. Re: caramujeira - taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, April 09, 2014
Edited: 2:35 pm, April 09, 2014
6. Re: caramujeira - taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 11, 2015