We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the weather like just now?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
424 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
What's the weather like just now?

Due to fly out on Sunday and was wondering what temperatures to expect?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,966 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the weather like just now?

I'm a few miles along the coast from Carvoeiro and it's 23.1C at 915 at night. Rather windy though, as it has been lately and probably will be next week. Daytime temperatures have consistently been 28 to 31 C and are set to be much the same next week. That's pretty well the average for this time of year.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
424 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the weather like just now?

Great thanks for the quick response. Could you advise easiest route to Carvoeiro from Faro Airport?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,966 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the weather like just now?

Easy - two options one with motorway tolls and one without. With tolls, head out of airport and for the A22 motorway. Head west for about 5okm until you come to junction 6, Lagoa turn off then head for Lagoa and thence Carvoeiro. About an hour's drive in all.

The tolls are electronic only, no toll booths. Please see the millions of posts and also this page on Trip Advisor tripadvisor.com/Travel-g189111-c173877/Algar…

If you car hire firm cannot or will not tell you more, then the parallel but slower N125 route is the way to go. Driving time possibly nearer 90 minutes, just head west (making sure you spot the turn off after leaving the airport for N125) and just keep going until you get to Lagoa, then turn left.

Edited: 5:05 pm, July 05, 2012
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
424 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the weather like just now?

Great, thank you very much for your help. Roll on Sunday for sunshine.

carvoeiro
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the weather like just now?

its still hot. between 25-30 most days, but just pack a jumper for the evenings as it can be a bit breezy sometimes, depending on the direction of the wind, most times carvoeiro is protected from the wind by the cliffs.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the weather like just now?

Looking at maybe going to Carvoeiro in a villa with family next June , but can't decide which part to stay in. There seems to be a few different parts to the resort and i'm getting baffled by it all. Can anyone help me sort it out please? We have 2 grandchildren aged 2 and 5 going with us and would like to eat out sometimes, are we better staying 10/15 mins walk out from the beach, square area? Are there plenty of child friendly restaurants? Any info would be very welcome.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,966 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the weather like just now?

Most of the tourist resort bits are well outside the original village centre, up on the tops of hills. The old village is at the bottom of a fairly deep valley. That's where most of the eating and drinking is done, although some resorts do have their own on-site facilities. Do check location carefully as they can be a bit liberal with saying it's in Carvoeiro and you might be over a mile away with a hefty uphill walk needed on the way back.

Virtually every restaurant here is child-friendly but I don't know Carvoeiro well enough to give you a specific recommendation.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the weather like just now?

Thanks cubsur , I did get the impression that it is a very stretched out area, I think i have found somewhere that is suitable. I also liked the look of Ferragudo but not sure there are enough eating places there to last us 2 weeks.

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
235 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's the weather like just now?

You can eat out in a different restaraunt every night in Ferragudo for a fortnight (just).

10. Re: What's the weather like just now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 11, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Carvoeiro
Recent Conversations