We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Carvoeiro on Tuesday :)

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Carvoeiro on Tuesday :)

Hi everyone

My husband and I are off to this place on Tuesday. We are staying in an apartment but would like to know of good things to do in the area and nice places to go in the evening for dinner and drinks.

I know its a fairly quiet resort but thought it would be nice to get some ideas.

Also any idea of prices of things like bottled water, beer, wine and means would help too!

Thank you

Stacey x

Algar Seco
Geologic Formations, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Praia do Carvalho
Beaches, Caverns & Caves, Hiking Trails, Reefs
Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,885 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Carvoeiro on Tuesday :)

My favourite restaurant on Carvoeiro is Maxime on the main strip. Best to book ahead. the food is superb and great value

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,059 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Carvoeiro on Tuesday :)

"Also any idea of prices of things like bottled water, beer, wine and means would help too"

Bottled water is 10 cents for 1.5 litres in the big supermarkets but as there are none in Carvoiro expect to pay 60 or 70 cents.

Beer in bottles about €1,50 a litre. Wine anything from 98 cents a litre (bag in box stuff) to whatever you can afford or are willing to pay. In general, alcohol in shops is a lot less expensive than in the UK. ou won't notice much difference though in the bars from what you pay at home, maybe a bit cheaper.

Soft drinks and water in bars are usually wickedly expensive.

Edited: 3:04 pm, September 17, 2011
3. Re: Going to Carvoeiro on Tuesday :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 22, 2012