We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One bed apartment complex suitable for family with 12 yr old

Which Carvoeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
One bed apartment complex suitable for family with 12 yr old

I am looking for a suitable place to stay with our 12 year old son who would like to be somewhere with plenty of other kids, not too far from a beach that has some water activities. Carvoeiro seems to be somewhere that doesn't sound tacky. We will be going last week in July/ beg Aug. Many thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One bed apartment complex suitable for family with 12 yr old

Another option would be Alvor. Lively without being tacky, great beach, lots of lovely restaurants.

Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One bed apartment complex suitable for family with 12 yr old

Thanks paul, where there?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One bed apartment complex suitable for family with 12 yr old

I'm probably not able to give a completely unbiased answer to that as I own an apartment on Alto Club and I love it there. Before buying the apartment, I stayed in Alto Club several times and before that, I stayed in Alvorferias.

Alvorferias is a very lively complex with lots of children of all ages and we all enjoyed staying there. I've also heard good reports about Dunas and Alvor Ria.

Regards

Paul

Edited: 11:00 am, February 24, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One bed apartment complex suitable for family with 12 yr old

Many of the apartments in the places I've listed are available to rent directly from the owners on the various websites offering such rentals. These include www.ownersdirect.co.uk and www.holidayhomesdirect.ie

Paul

Edited: 11:04 am, February 24, 2011
Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One bed apartment complex suitable for family with 12 yr old

Thanks Paul, I ended up booking in Carvoeiro in the end. I have been to Alvor but about 6 years ago and had loved it, never been to Carvoeiro and looking forward to it.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One bed apartment complex suitable for family with 12 yr old

I'm sure you'll love Carvoeiro. We've gone there for a meal a couple of times and there seems to be a really nice atmosphere.

Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One bed apartment complex suitable for family with 12 yr old

I'm sure we will. Any tips on places to eat. I know we will go to Guia for piri piri and possibly Monchique which has been recommended and maybe meet some friends near Porches but always good to hear other peoples opinions. Have you tried the very expensive restaurant nearby called Rei das praias?

wigan
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One bed apartment complex suitable for family with 12 yr old

We have booked a private apartment on the rocha brava comlex, our children are 14,8,3. It was recommended by several people - friends of ours have recently bought an apartment on the comlex, apparently for kids it's great.

Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One bed apartment complex suitable for family with 12 yr old

Thanks lynznbaz, perhaps we'll see you there!

10. Re: One bed apartment complex suitable for family with 12 yr old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, October 23, 2012