We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bread and sardine paste

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
499 posts
305 reviews
Save Topic
Bread and sardine paste

Read in GaryBelfast's review that you are charged in restaurants for bread and sardine paste whether or not you order it. I am allergic to fish/seafood so was wondering if it will be possible to get butter or oil and balsamic vinegar instead of the sardine paste.

Senga

west midlands
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bread and sardine paste

The carrots are great, sometimes I decline sometimes I have the bread etc, don't feel obliged to have it, I love the cheese cover at Manel dos frangos don't know what it is but it's one cover that never goes back

manchester
Level Contributor
991 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bread and sardine paste

The cover charges are always on the menus.If you dont decline them they will charge so just say.Prices vary .When we first visited 26 yrs ago it was free and you got bread butter sardine pate cheese ham sausage etc.Gone are those days sadly.

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bread and sardine paste

So long as it not a hugely overinflated rip off price I will more that likely accept it

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bread and sardine paste

It's very rarely that you'd get ripped and the covers generally are only a few €'s at best. I think the most I've been charged was €3 and that was per couple and not p/p.

I think you've got more chance of being over charged for soft drinks, than covers. €3 for a coke is easily possible, so stick to the €1.50 large beers. ;-)

But being allergic to seafood / fish, then it's more than reasonable to ask for the paste to be changed for something else.

lancashire
Level Contributor
400 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bread and sardine paste

Yeh 3.40 euros for a soft drink on the front in the old town 1.75 euros for a large beer the joy of having three kids. 10.20 euros for three lemonades 3.50 for two large beers crazy world.

I like the pate cover so dont usually decline it and the kids usually like it too so no need to get them a starter.

happy days.

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Bread and sardine paste

Im getting so excited about my upcoming visit early October, really looking forward to it and exploring a bit more and sampling the great places, cant really wait now. Mostly we stayed around the old town before so want to go a bit further afield this time. Wishing we had booked longer than a week

17. Re: Bread and sardine paste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 23, 2015