We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf club hire

Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
969 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Golf club hire

Does anyone know of anyone who hires out golf clubs in Albufeira? I know the clubs themselves do but they usually charge handsomely too! A friend said he hired clubs and the chap took them to the airport for them bu he can't remember the name. Any ideas of who I could try to save us lugging two sets of clubs out with us.

Bonnie Scotland
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Golf club hire

Hello Mate,

without a doubt try Clubstohire, the shop is in the airport, its about £35 per week, they bring the clubs to your course then come back later and take them away, saves you having to keep an eye on them, the company is part owned by Paul McGinley, they give you brand names like Callaway, taylormade etc so good gear.

hiring is less than half price of bringing your own.

on the Courses, Salgados is one of the finest courses in Portugal, there is water at every hole, ive played it 5 times and only lost 1 ball ;-)

Cheers ;-) Wullie

west midlands
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Golf club hire

show off wullie i lost a bagfull, i did lose most of them after 9 holes and lunch

Edited: 2:37 pm, August 25, 2014
Bonnie Scotland
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Golf club hire

it helps when you don't hit it far enough to lose them lol ;-) J/K for some reason I have always played good on Salgados, I have been under par twice, par and over (all with handicap off lol )

Cheers ;-) Wullie

west midlands
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Golf club hire

If I recall the first half I played 13 over and the second 9 27 over, not making excuses but I did spend two hours eating lunch before we carried on 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Bonnie Scotland
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Golf club hire

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ;-) I don't drink and drive lol,, hangover golf is the best way to play.

Cheers ;-) Wullie

Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
969 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Golf club hire

Where is the pitch and putt course? Hubby has played the Balaia course and is looking at Salgados for this year but a pitch and putt would be great for my son.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,874 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Golf club hire

Its at Quinta Dos Brejos to the rear & west of the Montechoro area.. perhaps another member can give you more precise directions to it as It's difficult to explain if you don't know the area. Reading T/A review from last year it seems its no longer a pitch and putt but a driving range with practice putting area tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189112-i331-k67…

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,727 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Golf club hire

Babymac, Pitch and Putt is on the giro bus route ... as Jayjan says ... maybe 300 yards east of bus terminal, same north of stadium. The green goes past it immediately from terminal. The blue (opposite to green) goes past near the end of its run after supermarkets, stadium, montechoro ... easily spotted on satellite, not so easy on streetview

Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
969 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Golf club hire

Thanks for all your help with golf pyrman and jayjan. Has anyone been to the Golf Academy at Brejos this year?

Can't find a website for it and just wondered if anypne had any more info about it.

west midlands
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Golf club hire

This is there only kind of site with some info

http://foregolfalgarve.com/index.html?m

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira