We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family friendly area and accommodation

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
family friendly area and accommodation

Hi Everyone, I am looking for some advice re. Albufeira and suitable accommodation. Are some areas just not suited to families? Also any tips on two bedroom apartments in a family friendly complex. We would be talking about somewhere with a good swimming pool with restaurants in the vicinity but not somewhere rowdy.The party includes 2 adults and 2 teens. Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
940 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family friendly area and accommodation

We've booked a 1-bed apartment in the Encosta da Orada complex but I know from checking myself that there are 2-beds available.

They're private rentals and look to have a lovely pool and gardens. They're apparently about 10-15 minutes walk from the centre of the old town in a quiet location with supermarkets, restaurants and bars nearby.

They get good write-ups and, based on past experience with private rentals in Alvor and Carvoeiro, the standard of equipment, fixtures and fittings tends to be much, much higher than in apartments rented from the larger holiday companies.

Have a look on the likes of www.ownersdirect.co.uk www.holidaylettings.co.uk and www.homeaway.co.uk

Edited: 4:54 pm, February 20, 2014
Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
4,658 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family friendly area and accommodation

Depends on when you are going. Mid-summer almost everywhere will be packed. Encosta is quite far out on the edge of Cerro Grande overlooking Marina, 200 yards to a Giro bus stop at Dolphins roundabout, but very good reviews. Also depends on your budget. I`d be looking for mid-town .. EIRASOL (mostly one bed but large apartments, plus two comfy sofa beds, modern media-playing TV`s .. they have two bedroom if you need it) , TROPICAL SOL, PARAISO, CANTINHA do MAR ... or maybe around Estrada Sta Eulalia (east end) ... www.albufeiraguide.yolasite.com/ for accom by area with links to reviews.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family friendly area and accommodation

Hi again and thanks for the advice so far. We would probably travel mid June to mid July. Our budgrt would be midrange. A good sized pool and wifi if possible without too much of a 'party' atmosphere would be our main criteria. Thanks again.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family friendly area and accommodation

Have you looked at Olhos de Agua? It's just outside of Albufeira, and is very family friendly.

We have stayed in this private apartment, and it has a fantastic pool... tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g1190…

belfast
Level Contributor
410 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family friendly area and accommodation

Hi Bernadette, I recently stayed in the Santa Eulalia Hotel & Spa and loved it. I was in a one bed apt but believe they also have 2 beds available. There is free wifi throughout the hotel although the pool is quite small. The area has lots of bars and restaurants and is about 15 mins walk from the Strip so has a bit of life without it being too rowdy. If the hotel doesn't suit there are lots of others in the Santa Eulalia/Pedra dos Bicos area. I'm heading back mid June myself and got a good deal with Jet 2.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: family friendly area and accommodation

Forte do vale

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: family friendly area and accommodation

i agree with Angie Fitzp, the area of Santa Eulalia sounds just what you are looking for.

(we love it there too!)

Some of the places to stay in the area are Quinta Pedra Dos Bicos apartments, Santa Eulalia Hotel and Spa, Santa Eulalia Beach Club, Forte Da Oura Aparthotel, Aqua Pedra Dos Bicos, Ouratlantico to name a few.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
4,658 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: family friendly area and accommodation

Completely forgot to mention KARTING at the Marina for your teens .. and there is a Pitch and Putt course just north of the Bus terminal on Blue and Green Giro routes...

9. Re: family friendly area and accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 12, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira