We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silechoro

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Silechoro

Presume basic apartments,but are they ok and is location good?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Silechoro

Stayed here 3 years or so ago. Accommodation basic but ok. Bit of a trek to top half of strip though and fairly dark and unlit in places.

Basically behind the vila Petra.

Nothing wrong with apartments but much better for same money IMO

All the best

Kildare
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silechoro

I'd say the location is a bit out of the way.

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silechoro

A bit out of the way

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Silechoro

Definitely a bit out of the way. As I say ok apartments but many many better closer to strip etc for same sort of money or better.

Even pay a little bit extra and get much better accom. Tropical sol for instance. Vila Petra. Briisa sol all coming in at very good prices.

All the best

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,828 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silechoro

Yes location is a bit out of the way, using the short cut through to top of the Strip via Vila Petra is not a safe option in the dark. We stayed here years ago before we bought our own place and found the apartment ok, spacious but basic. Personally I would choose something else even if a bit more expensive.When are you going? Ouratlantico are not expensive and much closer to everything, but they do not have air-con if your going height of season but do provide a fan for room (not much good though when weather is really hot. End of day you get what you pay for.

ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Silechoro

Thanks for all the help,assisting daughter and group of her friends their budget limited as group of students but will look at ouraatlantico.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,323 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Silechoro

If the group does end up at Silchoro the local buses do stop almost outside the door. These go every half hour until around 930pm in winter, 1130pm in summer.

I do agree that the place is a bit distant from shops, bars etc and the beach is a mile away, literally.

Anyone walking back at night is advised to take the main roads which, although a longer way around, avoids the unlit and potentially dangerous short cuts.

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Silechoro

Soldoiro may be an option for basic accommodation and better located and usually cheap. I've never stayed there, but met a few who have (met when they used the pool at CPO) and they said it was ok.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189112-d2909…

I use Trivago to do my searches and then check to see if there are any discount codes / offers to reduce further. You don't need to book via Trivago.

http://www.trivago.co.uk/

9. Re: Silechoro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 12, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira