We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol e mar

Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Sol e mar

Hi, I'm staying at sol e mar in April, looking forward to going, heard so much great things about albufeira. I've heard today from a friend who's been to albufeira a few times but not to our hotel that she thinks this hotel is the one that has 200 steps down to the beach. Is this right? I thought I read that it was a tunnel under the hotel to the beach, just a few steps passed steps bar,

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,844 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol e mar

nooooooo no steps, a lift down from inside hotel or walk out of reception down the steps (not many) to the tunnel and viola on the beach. Enjoy !!!!

Edited: 5:31 pm, January 06, 2014
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol e mar

Brilliant, thank you

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,513 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol e mar

I count 20 shallow steps to the beach. Here's a picture I took last Friday.

http://sdrv.ms/KyG6sJ

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol e mar

Darin ... get out and see the whole town ! It is a short walk diagonally over the square to Rua Alves Correeia,

where there are two Brit pubs and a bus stop for Blue and Green (East End). The little ticket shop opposite sells `Albufeira Transport and Resort Guide` which has a good bus map, Old Town map and timetables. A full circuit via Terminal (1 hour) will bring you back, or you can jump buses at terminal on the same ticket to RED 1, which does the whole West End and you can get off at BEATO VICENTE, just up Rua Bombarda from your hotel. Enjoy ...

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol e mar

Just booked with the lads at the sol e mar. Can't wait. Going in June. Let me know what good pubs you find please.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol e mar

darren118 You could always try Tunes Bar only a few steps from the Sol e Mar or if you want live music there's the Rock Cafe in the square or all of the assortments of bars in "Bar St" both only a few mins walk from the Sol e Mar. Happy lads trip.

Edited: 4:55 am, January 13, 2014
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,513 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol e mar

The two pubs mentioned above are the Cavern Bar and the Cellar Bar at the junction of Rua Alves Correeia and Rua do MFA just off the square where local expats and many visitors are seen to gather. Both are British run.

The Cavern opens at 6pm weekdays, 12 noon at weekends or UK holidays for TV sports to be shown.

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol e mar

Cheers Nazza,

We stayed in gale last year with the family, the night of a England match me an my cousin got a taxi to old town. He dropped us off around the corner of the square which we thought was the strip. Don't think it was now though. We watched the match in a great bar along there then walked round to the square.

We then went in a English pub with a singer on which was good. Then we went rock city which was amazing. A great rock band on. Can't rem where after that but got back late.

Will look out for tunes then. Does it do food and have the football on? We are going 11th June so will be watching most games.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sol e mar

I think you mean the Rock Cafe ? Darren 118 .. England -Italy `up the jungle` on 14th is a tough start. Full schedule and TV is on my Scottish football site. www.scottishfottballmagazine.yolasite.com/ Good time to be going to Albufeira ...enjoy.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol e mar

Stayed here last week great location. O Dias and The Beach Basket were good for meals close by.

Edited: 1:20 pm, January 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira