We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overlooking beach

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
541 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Overlooking beach

Hi looking for hotel or apartment overlooking sea near old town. Have checked out Auramar Hotel reviews not looking very good. Help appreciated. Stayed in cerra Malpique 2yrs ago is that best bet but thought we would like a change....

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,896 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overlooking beach

These hotels overlook the beach :

Sol e Mar - if you fell out of the window you would almost land on the sand.

Rocamar Beach Hotel - at the top of the lift

Inatel - difficult to book through British travel agents. Recently completely rebuilt it is actually on the beach and the only one that is.

Alisios Hotel.

Turial Park apartments are 50 yards from the beach at the bottom of the escalators. At the top of the escalators are Varandas do Albufeira apartments, which I think are mostly private lets.

I hope that helps.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,640 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overlooking beach

I stayed at the Sol e Mar with my mother last month, lovely sea views from every room and backs on to the old town.

Edited: 3:47 am, December 28, 2013
Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overlooking beach

Inatel hotel does look good after the refurb and easier to book now.

Some good deals with b&b starting at just over £21 p/n in January. Check Trivago.

www.trivago.co.uk/…

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,785 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overlooking beach

The new Inatel indeed is nice, and very modern. We popped in to view it last Oct, mainly Portuguese staying there. I did pick up the rack rates which were far too high. Be aware there are two Inatels there, opposite each other. The link above takes you to the one over the road from the beach hotel. The Trivago picture shows the beach hotel but the deal takes you to Travel Republic which then features the one over the road. ( you can tell by the swimming pool and hotel photos)

Edited: 5:25 am, December 28, 2013
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,896 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overlooking beach

The 'inland' building of the Inatel hotels is about 150 yards or so from the beach and doesn't really overlook it as the other one is in the way.

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overlooking beach

A little bit naughty if they are showing the wrong hotel!

A mix of pics on the Ebookers site also and makes you wonder if they'll allocate a hotel on arrival?

The old pics don't do the refurb hotel justice, it is impressive now.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overlooking beach

You might look at Low Cost Holiday`s info on VILANOVA RESORT .... the photos are of somewhere considerably upmarket of Vilanova and their map puts it in the middle of the Old Town square !!

The motto should be CHECK EVERYTHING ...

Edited: 12:28 pm, December 28, 2013
West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
541 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Overlooking beach

Hi everyone, thank you very much for your replies and info. I will have a look and decide. Also special thanks to Cubsar who is so good on this forum, but we didnt like the look of the Rocamer Cubsor, looked a bit grotty when we used to pass it in Old Town but will have a look at others, cheers.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
541 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Overlooking beach

Cubsar, my apologies, Rocamer looks lovely, I was getting mixed up with another hotel, have looked at so many lol.

Lisbon
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Overlooking beach

INATEL available for booking through all major sites.

Who would have guessed! Things are really changing...

miguel

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira