We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 2014

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
141 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
March 2014

Hi all

Normally we come out at the end of March for a week and this year we are planning to do the same however with Easter being later in 2014 we were wondering if the tourist bars will have started to open by the end of March?

It won't put us off visiting if they haven't as we will be able to find plenty of bars to go to but we are trying to gauge what will be open ect as we will be celebrating one of my friends 30th birthdays.

Anyone got any idea when the bars are opening for the season?

Thanks

Stac

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March 2014

Don`t know about bars, etc .... but I`ve been researching prices and quite a few Hotels are down to £8 per night for the whole of March. I wonder if it will extend into Easter ?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,579 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March 2014

Most of the tourist bars and restaurants simply have notices on the window 'closed for holidays' with no indication when they might be opening. My guess is that it will be a week or two before Easter.

But, as we say many times here, 41,000 people live in and around Albufeira so there are always going to places where you can go out at night.

Some of the hotels etc have not yet spotted that a lot of British schools are having the two week break between winter and summer terms at a fixed time late March / early April and not necessarily over Easter. It might well be worth taking a look at prices for the first two weeks of April both for accommodation and flights.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March 2014

Main Scottish Easter School break is April 7-21 in 2014 ...

Kildare
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March 2014

I was over for St Patricks weekend this year and have flights booked for 15/20 March 2014. 80% of the bars and restaurants in the old town were open. On the strip things were quieter with quite a few only opening at weekends. You won't be bored don't worry.

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
141 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March 2014

Great thanks everyone.

We know most of the places in the old town will be open when we're over.

Never been over for St Patricks day that may have to be on the cards for 2015.

Thanks

Mold, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: March 2014

Most old town will be open but less on the strip.......thank god......

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: March 2014

I too am travelling late March/early April. Good to know things will be alive.

Does anyone know what the weather tends to be like at that time? Warm enough for my speedos? :)

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,579 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: March 2014

Doubt it unless you are suitably 'ard.

End March / early April we should be getting 20C, maybe more but it can still be rainy and windy. Locals will be dressed as you would for a day in darkest winter, tourists will be in t shirts and shorts.

If you can find a nice sheltered spot you could be ok for some rays.

9. Re: March 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 01, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira