We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I pay by UK Debit or Credit Card ??

Christchurch...
Level Contributor
159 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Can I pay by UK Debit or Credit Card ??

Can you advise if when buying cigarettes in Albuferia that you can pay with a UK debit or credit card?

Many Thanks

Belfast
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Can I pay by UK Debit or Credit Card ??

Unfortunately you are not permitted to pre-load. It is one of the FAQs on the website. If you pre-load they can/will return funds to the originating account. I use a Halifax current account and transfer from that to my CC the next day when you can see what the cost is. Thus, no interest charges. As you say, even if you don't do that it is still a cheaper way to access foreign currency if you pay it all off on your return (unless you are abroad for months!).

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Can I pay by UK Debit or Credit Card ??

Crazy though that it's cheaper to withdraw cash on a CREDIT CARD rather than withdrawing readily available funds via a debit card!

But if that's what's got to be done, that's what's going to be done. ;-)

The old Nationwide debit card was excellent and perfect, but sadly stopped!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
295 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Can I pay by UK Debit or Credit Card ??

Just to reiterate for people coming in half-way through this topic.....we're talking about the advantages of the Halifax CLARITY credit card only and not any other. Check moneysavingexpert.com where it will give info. and rates comparisons. I had a standard Halifax credit card and made a simple phone call to switch.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
295 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Can I pay by UK Debit or Credit Card ??

Just to reiterate for people coming in half-way through this topic.....we're talking about the advantages of the Halifax CLARITY credit card only and not any other. Check moneysavingexpert.com where it will give info. and rates comparisons. I had a standard Halifax credit card and made a simple phone call to switch.

15. Re: Can I pay by UK Debit or Credit Card ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, November 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira