We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December

W K
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
December

Hi, Im staying from the 30th November to 7th December & Im wondering if the The Cockerel Country Kitchen will be open as I like the look of if from the reviews it gets on here, If it is would we need to book at this time of year?? Also where is it from the CPO??

Also is there any bars near to the CPO that will still get a few folk in of a night at this time of the year, not worried about entertainment just a decent spot with a few folk about it ( we're in our 40s so not interested in the strip)

Thanks in advance.

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December

I think they may be closed by then but will check their holiday dates today. There are several good bars near cpo around the rockline bar and further up the sta eulalia road. The strip will be dead of a young crowd and the few smaller bars that are open are worth a visit.

If cockerel is open I'll post back and as far as directions its easier just to ask when here as its only 10 mins walk and easier to understand when you are on the ground here!

Edited: 4:03 am, October 31, 2013
Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December

Wully, I would book it as customers seem to pre-book night after night.

It really is popular and many do get turned away. Only approx 50 covers, so demand outstrips availability.

Great food and their 2 for €13.95 meals are terrific value considering the quality. Maybe even €1 cheaper during the winter months.

I'll be there the week after you leave and will book if open.

Enjoy.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December

Wully, there is usually a wee crowd in the Rockline at Pedra dos Bicos roundabout .. about 100 yards right of CPO.

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December

The Sol Caffe is a nice place for a cheap drink and right next to the CPO. Well worth a visit.

Filipe's Bar (opposite the Rockline) is a nice bar and friendly. A couple of bars there, but some were very quiet in May, so never ventured in and just revisited Filipe's.

W K
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: December

Thanks for the replys folks, I know it will be pretty dead, going by our visit last March, not too worried as my party days have long passed me by....As long as there is a few folk about of an evening....

6. Re: December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, November 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira