We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monica Isabel at the start of Nov, grateful for any advice.

Which Albufeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
265 reviews
Save Topic
monica Isabel at the start of Nov, grateful for any advice.

Hi,

Just booked a cheapie to the Monica Isabel, all inclusive at the start of Nov. Incredibly cheap holiday, so I'm not expecting the Ritz but would love to get any useful tips re the hotel or places to go/ things to do to make the most of a precious few days away. Any feedback would be most welcome. Have been to the Algarve several times in high season but have never stayed in Albufeira in Nov, what is realistic to expect? Many thanks.

Regards, Coz.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
4,725 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: monica Isabel at the start of Nov, grateful for any advice.

It is a nice little area ... though some have found problems with the hotel, others not. You can walk all the way along the beach to Old Town... or bus stops at top of the road every 30 mins both ways. The little tourist train also stops at Tres Palmeiras roundabout ... 100 yards east ... every 20 mins. You are equidistant from Old Town and `Strip` (av Sa Carneiro). Not nearly as busy than the main season ... but more seats for you.

Bus map is in the `buses in and ... ` tab top right ...

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,618 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: monica Isabel at the start of Nov, grateful for any advice.

As you are all inclusive you may not even need to leave the building. If you do need a change of scenery and are happy to pay for your beer, you will find several British run bars in the old town and over at the 'strip' although those in the old town are more likely to be open.

The weather might be rainy and windy, but it will be a lot warmer than where you would otherwise be.

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: monica Isabel at the start of Nov, grateful for any advice.

" I`m not expecting the Ritz " SPOT ON THERE

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,618 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: monica Isabel at the start of Nov, grateful for any advice.

Twopenny rope by comparison.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: monica Isabel at the start of Nov, grateful for any advice.

Thanks to everyone for your replies, I'm really grateful. Looking forward to the break, even if the weather and hotel aren't outstanding I reckon its worth a punt. I'm sure I won't starve or die of thirst, no matter how poor the food is and it will b warmer than Belfast, so even warm rain will be an improvement than what will b falling from the sky here. Might fancy a nice wee place for a drink outside of the hotel, anyone got any suggestions for a friendly little place local to the hotel? Any suggestions very welcome .....

Cheers! Colin.

6. Re: monica Isabel at the start of Nov, grateful for any advice.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira