We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Albufeira in April 2014

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Albufeira in April 2014

Hello, am organising a stag do of 18 to go 11th April 2014, can anyone tell me if it is busy on the strip or old town at this time of year and if any crazy/mini golf places would be open? Also if anyone went this April? thanks

Wyre
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Albufeira in April 2014

No not busy (unless it falls on Easter ) and not hot either

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Albufeira in April 2014

thank you, are any of the bars open at all?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,930 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Albufeira in April 2014

41,000 people live in and around Albufeira so yes there are bars and restraurants open! We don't hibernate.

That week is the week before Easter, so a lot of tourist places will be starting to open up, getting ready for the summer season so it won't be too bad in that sense.

As for the weather, it will be freezing cold relatively speaking. Mid April average daytime temperature is 17C, usually hotter. It does rain, mainly showers rather than endless grey days.

Not sure about crazy / mini golf as I personally don't know of any at all as I don't play.

I know someone who is happy to organise outings for stag groups, seven a side football etc etc. Transport included. Send me a private message if interested.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Albufeira in April 2014

great thank you, will PM you now.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,451 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Albufeira in April 2014

We have been in Albufeira quite a few times in April and usually have some nice weather. This year we were there from 16th April. When dining in the Old Town Square noticed a few hen/stags in good spirits. I am sure you will find enough bars/restaurants between the Old Town and the Strip to keep you happy!

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,886 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Albufeira in April 2014

I was in the dreaded Vilanova last April and just into May ... that is on the Strip and very noisy until 4 am .. it was plenty warm most days (don`t remember any rain at all) and quite busy. The Old Town square and Liberdade, etc, wasn`t as busy ... though the Tunnel area always is.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
5,886 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Albufeira in April 2014

Forgot again .... the only crazy golf (not much of one) I have seen is at Janelas (Windows) Hotel up Correeira, which will only be for residents. The little road trains are garaged underneath.

Devon
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Albufeira in April 2014

We are off there the weekend before for a stag do, cant wait!!!!

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Albufeira in April 2014

My husband and I went for 10 days at the end of April last year.(We usually go May/June but his shifts weren't playing nicely that year)

Never again!

I'm no longer a sun worshipper, but it was FREEZING! I have never pined for my central heating before, but my word, I did then.

And wouldn't you know it, Sod's law, two days before we came home (the beginning of May), the weather changed to glorious sunshine and lovely warm temperatures..

So if you are going in April, don't make the same mistake we did. Take some warm clothes (and a brolly) as well as your usual holiday attire.

Feltham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Albufeira in April 2014

Hiya

I've been going through message board upon message board to try and find out what the weather is like mid April as I'm looking to take my family away next year from the 16th to the 26th April. I have been to Albufeira once before but not in April so was hoping it would be relatively warm?

Get answers to your questions about Albufeira