We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green Bus transfers

Leeds
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Green Bus transfers

Just back from 5 days in sunny albufeira. Before we went i was looking for cheap shuttle transfers from far return. Most of the reviews seemed bad for shared shuttle companies.....especially green Bus. Couldn't really afford private transfers so decided to risk it (they couldn't all be bad)booked a return for 2 people for £21with shuttle direct. Once booked it said transfer company would be green bus. Oh no!!!!! Arrived at airport no luggage to collect but had beem told we could have to wait up to 1hr before departing on the shuttle so expected to wait. Found the transfer desk gave them our details and told we were ready to go. We had literally landed just come through security & had a quick smoke (so maybe 15 mins) then were straight on our way. We got into a nice clean medium sized vehicle (fit 6 people ) We were at our hotel just after 2 (landed at 1). Couldn't have gone better but was dubious about if they would turn up for return (other reviews had stated this had happened to them)hotel called to find out pick up time on day before departure. Pick up for our 11am flight was 8.35. Went to wait early, can't be too careful and was very happy when another vehicle same size as before turned up right on time and straight off to aiport.

Just wanted to share the good service we received. We had a great time in albufeira too.

62 replies to this topic
Torquay, United...
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Green Bus transfers

I or my family have used A2B (Greenbus) apart from July and August almost every month for the last two years , only once late leaving Faro airport late owing to another couple taking much longer than reasonable to the Greenbus desk. And only once arriving late for pick/up 5 minutes!!

I do agree sometimes it takes many times to contact Greenbus to confirm pick/up.

T Chapman

P.S. The drivers do a great job they find the area even though the road is not on GPS and to find the number of the apartment or property is difficult. On one occasion after I was picked up we had to pick up another couple a couple of miles further away . He had to find the number of the apartment had to ring the door bell. This delayed the journey by 20minutes I was then beginning to panic. I would have left them watching their TV.

Weymouth, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Green Bus transfers

Bus arrived one hour late.............driver did not know Atlantico Apts on the seafront in Monte Gordo.Nearly knocked down a pedestrian in Monte Gordo and narrowly missed two more accidents in Tavira.Only just made check...................will never use this company again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Use at your peril!!!!!!!!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Green Bus transfers

I will never used green bus we had a bad experence we had a early transfer back to faro has we were approaching the airport the drivers mobile rang and he picked it up,as he took he"s eyes of the road a car coming in on he"s left side were he should of give way nearly crashed into us i did report to easy jet but no reply,so i just come across there web page i "m going back in may but i"ve hired my own private hire.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,183 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Green Bus transfers

Answering the phone while driving is compulsory here. I have been on public buses where the driver has been chatting away on his phone while going around town.

Unfortunately a whole company's reputation is spoiled by one rotten apple.

belfast
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Green Bus transfers

I'm just back from Albufeira and was very impressed with Greenbus. Driver carried cases into and out of hotel for us and couldn't have been nicer. They were punctual and efficient so I would definitely use them again.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Green Bus transfers

We have just come back from algarve and had our transfer with Green Bus services ...

Very good service and very helpfull drivers..

I will recomand them to my friends and family...

Ibrahim

Newcastle upon...
2 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Green Bus transfers

We arrived at the airport having booked a holiday through travel republic and opted for the speedy transfer although didn't know the bus company. The company was green bus and for two people the transfer was £80 to portimao which seemed reasonable.

Flight landed and we had to wait 1.5 hours before the bus could leave as 'we were waiting for other passengers' only to find everyone had been present!! The bus drops off about 5 different locations and the 50 minute journey took one hour 45 minutes. Total time 3 hours 15 minutes.

I'm writing this review from the bus going back...our pick up time was 3.45 pm for an 8.10pm flight...we have been to six different hotels, been on the bus for two hours (to travel the 50 minute route) and apparently will be at the airport in about half an hour!! Not too sure what is 'speedy' about the service!

Newcastle upon...
2 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Green Bus transfers

We used green bus to go to portimao - it only cost £80 for two speedy transfers. However:

- journey to hotel: waited 1.5 hours before green bus left as we were waiting for passengers who were present all along and hadn't been checked off properly. The 50 minute journey took 1 hour 45 minutes. Total time spent: 3 hour 15 minutes.

- journey from hotel: pick up time 5 hours before flight! Journey to airport took 2 hours 15 minutes with 6 pick ups!!

Not sure what is speedy about service!!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,183 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Green Bus transfers

Well there it is in a nutshell. Pay more for a private transfer and get there in less than half the time.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Green Bus transfers

I booked with travelugo and my paperwork said to go to the Windsor Travel desk which turned out to be Green Bus. 15 minute wait & we were on our way to Albufeira in a shared shuttle. Transfer time was 55 minutes with no problems. I rang 2 days before departure to confirm pickup & was told 12 noon. The driver arrived bang on time in a black saloon car & we collected another couple en route. Journey to the airport took 45 minutes. The price was £23.92p for 2 persons return.

Reply to: Green Bus transfers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira